30A wiring advice

Geez. I thought you, of all people, would understand a guy who lives in a trailer down by the river running a couple of 14 ga wires in parallel, for the sad and simple reason that he already owns the 14 ga and doesn't have the cash for the 12 ga wire.
PJ

and
conductors.
labor
get
This is Turtle.
I understand it and that is why i will not do it. I know how to save money in many different way but that way is not one to fool with. I have done it in conduit , closed circuit boxes, and under ground circuits to pumps in the past and you can see where i do it and why. You could maybe get away with it in these types of applications because it will not start a fire. If it is run under a trailor house, through a attic, or in any area that can catch on fire DO NOT DO IT. I know all the poor boy rules on circuits that NEC does not like but this will break the NEC code and the Poor Boy Rules too.
Dirty don't burn, inside conduit don't burn, and air don't burn if put out in the open air. Now never get under trailors, in walls, in or about sheads, in attics, or in any area that can set a fire if things go wild.
Now let me go back to the NEC side of the problem. DON'T DO IT.
TURTLE
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:17:23 GMT, "Ben Miller"

Just for the techs who wonder why solder isn't allowed. When a connection gets hot the solder would melt and create all kinds of problems.. Solder has a much lower melt temp than copper. That's why in higher load carrying circuits we use crimp or compression type connectors.

Ummm, well, no, not exactly. It has more to do with solder's lack of mechanical strength. The melting point of solder, while indeed well below that of copper, is well *above* the temperature rating of any conductor insulation that I've ever heard of -- IOW, the insulation would burn off of the conductor *long* before it got hot enough to melt a soldered connection.
I read in sci.engr.electrical.compliance that Doug Miller
.prodigy.com>) about '30A wiring advice', on Mon, 29 Dec 2003:>How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss

Almost all the people with the necessary qualities to be President have too much sense to want the job. (;-)

Friend of mine is fond of saying that the mere fact that anyone wants the job should be regarded as conclusive evidence of his lack of fitness for it.
Doug Miller wrote:

Yes Minister Series Quotes from the dialogue "The argument that we must do everything a Minister demands because he has been 'democratically chosen' does not stand up to close inspection. MPs are not chosen by 'the people' - they are chosen by their local constituency parties: thirty-five men in grubby raincoats or thirty-five women in silly hats. The further 'selection' process is equally a nonsense: there are only 630 MPs and a party with just over 300 MPs forms a government and of these 300, 100 are too old and too silly to be ministers and 100 too young and too callow. Therefore there are about 100 MPs to fill 100 government posts. Effectively no choice at all."
What has this got to do with the SUBJECT"30A wiring advice" ?

50 for Miss

President have

wants the job

for it.

50 for Miss America?

he
inspection.
thirty-five
to be

about
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:05:04 +0000, John Woodgate

1. We often choose from more than just 2 for President.
2. They always pick from more than 50 candidates for Miss America.
The entire tag line is incorrect! lol
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...
Trent
(remove NS to use the address) 614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax
http://worthingtonengineering.com