Concrete pour not square - Any advice appreciated!

I've just had a 6" concrete pour done for a small garage 18' x 14' and the X measurement is a massive 9 3/4 out. Trimming it square (if that's even possible) would mean loosing 7" and that just isn't an option for me. Is it possible to trim it square and then extend the pour and if so, what's the best way forward with that. I read on another forum that you really need a minimum of 24" to make sure it's stable, and even then, it needs to be a deeper pour with more support that the original (which has wire mesh under it.) I'm meeting with the GC tomorrow but he's been slippery and I don't want to end up with something I don't want. Any advice appreciated!

Reply to
Susan