Concrete slab not square - advice please!

I'm having a small 18' x 14' garage built and the 6" concrete pour is not square. The X measurement is, 9 3/4 " out. For it to be squared up by trimming I'd be loosing 7" and that just isn't going to work. I'm meeting the GC tomorrow and he's been a little slippery so far, and I don't want to end up with something I'm not happy with. Whats the best solution? Can they trim it up and then extend by pouring more concrete or will that compromise the whole pour? If it won't, how much should they trim it back? I read on another forum that you need at lease 24" for it to be stable, and then it would need more support than the rest of the pour (which has some mesh) to make sure there are no issues down the line. Any advice would be appreciated!

Reply to
Susan

If it's not square its most likely undersize. You're not getting what you paid for. Insist they jackhammer it out and repour.

See old post "Builder Screwup pouring foundation" from 2019

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333