How to cut grooves in concrete sidewalk

I need to cut some grooves in my sidewalk. They need be no more than

1/4" deep, though 1/2" might be better. They need be no wider than a saw kerf. All I need to do is run a small wire in the grooves and fill it with epoxy or something similar. This is for one of those "electric dog fence" type things.

What's the best way to do this? The total length I need to cut is probably about 15 feet, so I don't need a particularly durable solution. Will a cheap masonry blade in a circular saw do the trick? Is there anything I can use in an angle grider? The angle grinder would be good for making a vertical groove on the edge of the sidewalk.

Reply to
Shooter Dude
Nehmo Sergheyev

This is probably what I'd do... A garden hose under regular pressure will dig through the dirt with ease. I used to do this when I was a kid... my folks hated it. All those holes in the yard!

OUCH!!!!

What ever happened to the ones that just go around their neck?

Something that MANY folks don't consider as well... These radio fences MAY be good at keeping your dog in the yard (If you devote all the training time needed) BUT it does NOTHING for keeping other animals out. No amount of training will stop your pet from chasing a rabbit through the radio fence if they are going fast enough... and once out, they won't be able to get back in!

Reply to
Noozer