GE range trips breaker. Electrician says no wiring issue. (2023 Update)

I have the similar problem. Range is little over a year old and I keep getting bad line and if not the stove just freezes. Resetting breaker only works for so long. Have a call into repair man. I agree on here we cannot all be having electrical issues.

Reply to
Mall

It is possible that the issue with your range tripping the breaker is due to a problem with the range itself, rather than an issue with the wiring. It could be a malfunction with the electronic controls or a problem with the heating elements. If a repair technician has been contacted and is unable to find any issues with the wiring, it is likely that the range will need to be serviced or replaced.

There are several types of electronic control issues that could cause a range to trip a breaker. These include:

  1. A malfunctioning thermostat or temperature sensor, which could cause the heating elements to overheat and trip the breaker.

  1. A problem with the electronic control board, which could cause the range to malfunction and trip the breaker.

  2. A failure in the touchpad or control panel, which could prevent the user from properly controlling the range and cause it to malfunction.

  1. A software bug, which could cause the range to malfunction and trip the breaker.

It's important to note that this is not an exhaustive list and there are many other electronic control issues that could be causing the problem. A repair technician will be able to diagnose the specific issue and recommend an appropriate course of action.

Reply to
HOH_Advisor

Wiring related issues are quite common. So common, in fact, that I would not dismiss that possibility entirely. Check the breaker rating, check other loads that may be on that breaker.

Reply to
passerby