GE "BAD LINE" Error Message

As my wife was preparing dinner a short while ago, she encountered a loud beep and a scrolling "BAD LINE" message on our new GE electric stove. According to the GE web site (their Answer Center is not open), the problem is caused by faulty wiring. The outlet is the same one we use for the prior stove, and this stove has worked well for several months.
Resetting the breaker cleared the problem, but now I'm wondering if something else could be wrong. If there is a problem with this stove, I'd like to learn about it before the warranty period expires. I already have a bad taste in my mouth because of the GE dishwasher we bought at the same time. The way they save energy is they don't wash the dishes. That's another story.
Any thoughts?
mcp6453 wrote:

It could be a problem with the stove, but it could also be an indication of an electrical problem such as a loose connection which could be anywhere between the power terminals in the stove where the stove cord connects, the receptacle, on back to the breaker in the panel. If it were my stove, the first thing I would do is turn off the breaker and tighten all of those connections and note if any were loose and/or showed discoloration from heating.
replying to Pete C., Josephine Rodrigues wrote: There has to be something wrong with stoves, my management company just replaced mine and it was only 2 years old. Everyone can't be having electrical problems, that's ridiculous.**
mcp6453 wrote:

It could lots of things. It could even be your power company dropped a leg temporarily.
When (if) it happens again, measure the voltage at the outlet. That might provide a clue.
As for the dishwasher, turn the "Power Saver" switch to off.
On 12/24/2010 3:10 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

It could have been a glitch in your incoming power if all electrical connections are good. The problem with all these newfangled computer controlled appliances is the same problem that a computer could have because of dirty power. I'm talking about voltage spikes, surges and blinks. I know a fellow who had a problem with a microprocessor controlled cloths dryer because of a voltage sag every time a pump motor kicked on. If you keep having problems after eliminating bad electrical connections as a cause, you may ask your power company if they could/would setup a power monitor for you. The electrical power disruption could come from a transformer blocks away from your home.
TDD
replying to mcp6453, kimberley ward wrote:

beep
this
save
my ge range did the same tonight while cooking dinner... less than 1 year old....reset the breaker fixed it but still worries me...
kimberley ward wrote:

Maybe you had a power bump or vorwn outs being in dinner time(peak demand period)
kimberley ward posted for all of us...

There was probably some kind of power blip the stove registered. Maybe the heat or some other large was cycling at the time. It would probably take a long and arduous investigation to find out. GE may have set point or s/w fault set too low. I don't think they would admit to it. Call them anyway. Isn't the thought of Internet connect appliances appealing? They are monitoring your stove and get a fault-but do nothing about it. HA.
--
Tekkie

replying to mcp6453, Cynthia J Faulkner wrote: Thank you this was very helpful as I have had a similar experience and from reading your comment helped me to fix the problem temporarily I am sure!
replying to mcp6453, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: It can because of cockroaches on the circuit board
replying to mcp6453, J.B. wrote: A power outage last night triggered this same error code with our Monogram range. Re-setting the breaker didn't help. I'm at a loss as to what to do. There are no authorized GE service providers in our area and local appliance repairmen are stumped by this model.
replying to mcp6453, J.B. wrote: Further to my previous post - I reset the breaker again, but this time I let a minute pass. That did it! Oven is back working.
On 12/29/2018 5:44 PM, J.B. wrote:

Another wonderful appliance where the designers put in micro controllers and have no idea what they are doing. These things, especially refrigerators, should be designed to be completely fault tolerant and should be able to recover from power glitches, outages, etc. I bought a Whirlpool fridge that would just stop and lock out from a power glitch. When is locked out while on vacation, spoiling all the food, I got WP to "buy it back". I purchased a Samsung, only to find out it did the same thing. Then I found out, the WP was actually made by Samsung. I've now put a temp sensor that reports to the cloud and sends me an email if it goes beyond my set limits. I also purchased an automatic timer device that will shut the fridge down for a set amount of time when the power goes outside the set limits. This negates the need for the temp device. Samsung should have built something like this in their box, but Nooooo.
replying to mcp6453, Tracy2017 wrote: Please let me know if that really fixed ur problem cause im having the same problem. I just reset the breaker and everything is working now but like you I'm not sure how long. I have become very familiar with electrical engineering of wiring since I woke up one morning and our house on fire caused by a rat that chewed through some. So please any further result of your would be appreciated.
replying to mcp6453, ConsumerTested wrote: GE MONOGRAM is the worst. I just got that same notification after an FPL Power Outage. GE delivered all of the products with defects and damages. We have had issues with everything from GE, their products, corporate office, customer service and warranty are garbage. I will never buy GE every again, total mistake. Our GE top of the line dishwasher was so loud, broke dishes and coffee cups, didn't clean and distroyed our China, they advised to make a claim, the claims department was rude and they did nothing. Our GE washer, dryer, 36" freezer, 36" fridge, advantium over and dual fuel range all had computer boards changed and they are terrible. If I had not built my entire laundry room around GE, I would have thrown it all away and bought LG, the washer does not clean it is loud and the dryer doesn't dry, the advantium oven breaks down and we got rid of the GE garbage diswasher and bought a Miele that had higher decibles, but it soooo much quieter and better engineered than GE. We often open the Miele not knowing it is on because it is so quiet. What a mistake that we bought GE and not Miele. GE doesn't work well with european cabinets, but Miele is perfect. We repair our GE products multiple times in a month. I was cooking and just this week one of the hood light caps fell in my sauce and it won't fit back on. GE replaced the nonworking lights in the first year and about 2 months later it fell off and they won't warranty it. Our appliances are over a year old and you would think we had them for 10 years. GE has gone downhill. Do not buy GE!
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 12:44:06 PM UTC-4, ConsumerTested wrote:

I see something here I bet you aren't even aware of. You really don't like GE.

<snip useless diatribe from home moaners hub>

GE appliances aren't made by GE. GE doesn't even own the brand anymore; they sold to Electrolux in 2014, but blocked by DoJ. In 2016, the brand was sold to Haier, based in Qingdao China.
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:21:23 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Oh no, I hope someone doesn't tell me that my Westinghouse 50" TV isn't made by Westinghouse...
ROFL
On 3/19/2019 3:43 PM, trader_4 wrote:

No, George Westinghouse left the business to his children and his grandchildren and they are actively involved. One of the grandsons probably assembled and tested your TV and he pushed it down the line where a cousin packed it for shipment. Yep, every TV is checked by a family member before it goes out the door.
Good to know you support a family business even though some married a Chinese girl and they have family involved now too. Maybe a few of them are assembled by the Chinese in-laws.
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 4:59:28 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thank you. That's what I thought, Ed! BTW, it works great so far. Got that 50" sucker for $250 at Target. Don;t want to tell you how many times more than that I paid for a smaller Sony HDTV. The Sony lasted just a few years, I diagnosed the problem. They have a bunch of ribbon cables that go from the boards to the top of the panel. One of them was coming loose. If you pushed it just right, perfect picture, otherwise it was an ugly mess. Googling, lots of other people had the same problem, Sony had a deal where they would give you like $300 credit to another Sony. Sure, screw that. This W has a perfectly fine pic, maybe, just maybe, the Sony might have a little better pic, but is it worth 10x the price when they fail? Ooops, I just told you how much I paid for that POS Sony,