Error message on my MC250

Hi, we inherited this MC 250 when we moved in and I basically worked out how it operated. Now though, it's showing error 1. It is also 3/4 full of water where it hasn't before. I've emptied the tank and removed salt from the slots at the bottom but it still is pouring water out of the drain but the tank stays full. Any suggestions please ?
Yes use a proper usenet access program, not that stupid web site. Brian
--
----- --

Perhaps it has less OT posts than here? ;-)
--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

But does it carry photos of Boris leading an Aberdeen Angus bull by the nose ?.