SF6 is the new CO2 threat!

Claimed to be 23,500 times more warming than carbon dioxide (CO2).

Reply to
Tufnell Park

23,500 x 0 = ? ;-)
Reply to
Chris Hogg

Indeed. All this CO2 stuff is bullshit. What is this CO2? It's coming from fossil fuels. Which were created a long time ago when animals and plants died off and got buried, locking the carbon into the ground. So we're putting it back into the air. Just where it was when the world was..... oh wait, it was just fine, with those animals and plants I mentioned earlier living just fine.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Isn't this just another fluorocarbon that was banned from aerosols and fridges ?.

Reply to
Andrew

On the 3rd April 2009, Gasworld said :-

Andrew

Heavy stuff! Isn't this going to be gathering in your basement rather than capturing radiation from the Sun?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

So is Methane but it does not persist as long as co2. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes I have to point out here that co2 is bad merely cos the warming from UV can pass through it, but the radiation back to space via infra red cannot, its opaque, hence the warming. CFCs actually do not warm the planet they do destroy ozone though. However there are a lot of CFcs still being put into the atmosphere in China somewhere, even the Chinese don't know who is doing it according to some articles I read. I suspect some process being done with incorrect scrubbers or scant attention to the law to make it cheaper. China is a big country! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's not ozone depleting, see

and scroll down to p.2

Reply to
Chris Hogg

well the evidence shows its not CO2 so they need another man made product to blame it on to continue the funding.

Reply to
dennis