GE wall oven error

I have a double electric self cleaning GE wall oven (Model JKP47G0k4BG). The top oven works fine. Every time I use the lower oven after a few minutes The display flashes 4 Es (EEEE). Any ideas what could be wrong?

I have the instruction sheet that came with the oven. None of the error messages on the sheet is EEEE. There is a test procedure that requires locating a 2 pin diagnostic plug (which I found). Then it says "Insert jumper in female hald to smart board." I have no idea what that means. Again, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Ian

Hi,

Closest code that I know of is FFF

FFF - Control Error, Failed EEPROM - Replace Control FFF - Door motor safety circuit - Electronic Range Control (ERC)

A small loop of wire to complete a circuit between the 2 pins?? Probably is a factory push on clip for this....that U & I won't have one ;-)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

On my GE oven, I also had some code pop up which prevented me from using it. In my case all it was, was dirty connections (smoke gets into them). May be worth your while to detach front panel, disconnect, clean and reconnect all wired connections and see if that does the trick. In my case (twice) that worked for me. BTW, I don't recall my code but my guess was something like F777 (unsure tho).

Reply to
frank

just to follow up, I (or more importantly my wife) can use the lower oven as long as the bake temperature is set below 350. Once it is set higher I get the error. Is there any way to test the thermocouple? or does this indicate a different problem?

Again, thanks for the suggestions so far!

Reply to
Ian

By set you mean as soon as you change the temperature to above that the error occurs? Or just after in operation a while?

I assume you mean the oven "sensor"? The oven sensor used on your model should be about 15-16 ohms when at room temperature and around

29-33 ohms at 350°F.

GE Oven JKP47G0K4BG Oven Sensor

If the error occurs right away without the oven even being on yet, I would tend to think the problem may be in the electronic control rather than the sensor. The sensor should function the same no matter that the control is set to, it just changes resistance as the actual temperature does.

BTW. The electronic controls on that model are part # WB27X5465 but appear to be no longer available. :(

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

After the oven temp is set and turned on and in operation for a while I get the error. The other day when the top oven was on the botom oven would not go on or if it came on it shut off after a few minutes.

Reply to
Ian

I'm afraid I don't know what would cause those symptoms. You might check to make sure that any internal vents are clear of obstructions and if your model uses any auxiliary cooling fans, etc. that they are functioning correctly.

Unfortunately, if you're unable to determine the cause yourself you may need to have a professional look into it for you (preferably one with experience with that line of products like a GE *factory authorized* service depot). Sorry.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to