Kenmore Elite F1 Error / Low temp problem

Greetings,

My wife and I inherited a Kenmore Elite gas range (Model 79075903993 = Frigidaire, I believe) from my wife's sister. According to her, the oven had been displaying the "F1 error code" and would not keep the proper temperature (too low...). My wife's sister had the oven inspected by the Sears repair tech who told her she needed a new ERC. He cleaned the ribbon cable on the ERC with a pencil eraser, and supposedly the oven worked again.

At this point, the oven became ours.

It worked for a month or so, and then the low temperature problem returned. According to our oven thermometer, 375 on the display was actually 350, 400 was also 350, and 425 would hit 400, then drop down again to 350. It seems that it only likes to stay around 350.

Then, the F1 error code cropped up again. I tried the pencil eraser method of cleaning -- but the F1 came right back.

I tested the temp sensor with a multimeter -- resistance read 1098. Based on my research online, 1000-1100 is an OK reading.

I ordered the ERC from Sears. I installed it tonight.

No F1 yet, but the low temp problem remains. We'll set the oven to 375 and it'll stay at 350. Set it to 400... 350. Set it to 425... 400... then 375... then back to 350...

I now wonder if it was the temp sensor all along, which cause the F1 on the original ERC. Or I needed a new ERC *and* and new temp sensor?

I'd like to find out definitively so I can know whether to return this new ERC or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-Jud

Reply to
thejudman

Hi,

That is normally good, but the sensor -may- be going wiggy once it is hot.

Both -sounds- like it is likely.

temp sensor.

Can the temp be reset, check the use&care manual. Some can be adjusted...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid