Kenmore Elite dryer won't start

We have a 5 year old Kenmore Elite electric clothes dryer. It has worked flawlessly until last night. When I push the start button it runs fine, until I let go of the button. As soon as I let go of the button the dryer stops. I unplugged and plugged back in the power and it worked fine until the next load. This time unplugging and plugging back in did not help. Pushing the button several times finally got it to work. The dryer worked fine the day before and was not hot the first time it wouldn't start. Any idea what I'm looking at??

I read an older article online about these dryers having a bad computer board costing over $100. Anyone else hear of this? This discussion also had some peoiple saying there was a Sears Service flash that would cover out of warranty work (and some people got it) others claimed Sears denied any such service flash. Is there a way to find Sears service flashes online? Anyone know the best way to approach Sears on this (in trying to get them to cover it)?

Thanks!

Reply to
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom

A model number might help.

Reply to
Art

I just wanted to chime in here since you mentioned the Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer. We have one.

We fell into the trap of wanting to buy a good washer dryer set for our first home together. We bought this set 2 years ago. I had a leak in the washer and upon disassembly I found the cheapest hoses possible used to handle the water.

The hoses remind me exactly of the stuff they use to route electrical lines with. Stiff plastic ribbed. Guarenteed to leak in a year.

I guess I wanted to mention the poor quality design on these because they are suppose to be the "Elite" washer /dryer set from kenmore.

Although you are having problems with the dryer I bet if your somewhat handy on soldering you could fix it by putting on a new switch on the board instead. Just sounds like the "Elite" switch wasnt so elite.

Sorry to hear about your problem,

coffee

Reply to
coffee

Yeah that probably would, no idea why I didn't put that in the original post. It's 110.63952102.

Again, the dryer wouldn't start until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. It then ran for 20 minutes no problem (heat/tumble both working fine). I then checked it after the 20 minutes to ensure it was making heat (openned the door, which of course stopped the cycle). Then I couldn't get it going again. I unpluged/plugged it a couple times no dice. The pushed the button a few times holding it down. I finally got it going and let it finish. Now today, it seems to be fine. So something is flaking out and is ready to go.....

Reply to
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom