Are solar garden lights reliable?

Page 2 of 2
I have used both low-voltage and solar landscaping lights. In my opinion, the wired ones were much better. Tons brighter.

Add pictures here
βœ–

I've used a couple of different styles from Malibu. For me, they work great. I pull the ones along the walkway up each fall so the snowblower doesn't 'eat' them, but leave the ones in the garden in all year round. I had to replace the NiCd battery in a couple of them this spring, but they are four years old now, so that's not bad.
Even in winter they can last for several hours, depending on the amount of sunshine. This past week, the garden ones are still lit when I get up for work in the morning (5:00 AM), so they make it through the night when it's been a good day.
The 'white' ones are brighter than the yellowish ones. My wife prefers the white so to keep peace, that's what the newer ones are. They may not be as bright as a low-voltage system, but they mark the walkway and steps well enough to avoid tripping.
daestrom
Add pictures here
βœ–
thank you, i have wondered about this too!
--
rosie
http://www.buzzflash.com/premiums/bushlied.html

Yes. I have one that's been lighting a statuette in my garden for two years. It works fine although it's not very bright.
Alarm and Home Automation System FAQ http://www.bass-home.com/faq/masterfaq/faq.htm
Regards, Robert
=============================> Bass Home Electronics 2291 Pine View Circle Sarasota · Florida · 34231 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support 941-925-9747 Fax 941-232-0791 Wireless Nextel Private ID - 161*21755*1 http://www.bass-home.com http://www.bassburglaralarms.com =============================>
Add pictures here
βœ–