Subject Author Posted Replies

eBac dehumidifier (again) - pictures ?
Trying to follow advice on other thread, here's what's on the side of the compressor. It's clearly not a relay - maybe a capacitor ? I notice there are lots of gubbins as shown on eBay, called...
10
10

Smart meters yet again - EON
"We need to upgrade your electricity and gas meters to our new self- reading smart meters. Why are we changing your meters? We need to install smart meters into all of our customers' homes as part of...
111
111

Oh Noes! They said it couldn't possibly be done....
The UK last week completed two more milestones in its preparations to leave the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). On 7 June, Parliament passed the Nuclear Safeguards Bill and government...
4
4

deck building
Just watched a Wicked video, on deck building. Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ? Really? Sounds excessive to me. Any one tried ground screws for this ?
3
3

Screw covers.
Those push on covers for CSK Pozi screws as found on some kitchen cabinets, etc. The smaller of the two commonly available, so about 12mm diameter. Loads on Ebay, but not the colour I need - dark...
10
10

large vehicle hinges
The hinges for the back doors of my Merc 709D are incredibly stiff. If unbolted from the door it's hard to move them by hand. These are very big heavy doors by the way. The hinges are external;...
19
19

I cut through the cable!
Outside with my electric hedge trimmer thingy I didn't get much done because there was a visible flash and a quiet 'pop' as I cut through the power cable. I repaired it with a cable connector fitting,...
28
28

LG TV - sudden behaviour change ?
4 year old LG "Smart" 3D-TV. Until Thursday, when switched on, and on the HDMI-1 channel, which the TiVo box is connected to, if the TiVo was off, after about 5s, there would be a message about "No...
13
13

OT: Dash Cams
Hi all, Anyone got any dash cam recommendations? I'd ideally like one that also monitors the rear via a live view for reversing purposes as my gregory is nowhere near as supple as it once was...
26
26

Lighting wiring
Would these save enough time for a pro to justify £5/light? Or would apprentices still manage to fuck them up somehow?
17
17

Steel Soil Pipe with welded joints
I've never seen this before, where a 4" soil pipe must have been factory made. This was fitted into a 1960/70s council house. Sorry the photos are poor, too many cobwebs etc. Vertical pipe on left...
2
2

Tap handle loose
It' a mixer, left for hot, right for cold, lift for on, down for off, with a rotating spout to direct the flow. The handle is becoming a little loose, there is a bit of free up and down motion befoe...
9
9

Advice on Phones
I currently have a simple phone on EE (Samsung folding) There are times when I would like to be able to text easily (currently choose one letter from 3) and look on internet I have talked to EE and...
67
67

How does Bowden cable work
Hi all I need to extend the Bowden cable for my bath pop-up waste. I have got a re placement cable and now struggling to fit it. The old cable is terminated a t each end with a brass fitting which...
33
33

Thunderbird
As on topic as anything else in here.... On clicking the *get messages button*, what have I done to lose the reassuring information that there are *no messages*? Not a problem if messages download of...
6
6