Subject Author Posted Replies

Do sleeping platforms need BRegs?
Does a sleeping platform built in a bedroom in a domestic house need Regs? PP not required I understand. But some variation (as ever!) in "facts" on t'interweb re Regs. At what point does a sleeping...
3
3

Washing Machine Woes
Hi Guys How do I open the door to a washing machine when it has died mid cycle. I cannot power the machine up without tripping the RCD. So it cannot complete the wash and release the door. Without a...
62
62

Plug for Euronics
Hi guys Thought I would give our local appliance store a shout out. Formerly Hanson Electrical of Willerby now Euronics. Bought a washing machine from them recently and although AO's headline price...
5
5

New timer extract fan in bathroom... 3 pole isolation required?
Is it obligatory to fit a 3 pole isolator when fitting a new replacement bathroom fan?
15
15

Kitchen installation, electrics query - certification....
Following the installation of a new kitchen & aplliances, replacement cooker cable, new lighting, switches, sockets etc etc a friend is being told by the "fitter" that no certification is required as...
10
10

RGB colour changing led tape systems....
Anyone had a decent experience with the LED colour changing tape systems? Considering using some with uplighting cornice/coving. Some sellers claim that RGB +White is preferable ? Ideally some smart...
11
11

Decorating after roof leak into wall...
What's the thoughts on the correct approach to deal with a square metre or so of water stained, pockmarked & salt crusted internal plastered wall caused by a roof leak above a masonry wall (before...
1
1

Repositioning heating programmer 8 metres...
The programmer on my heating etc is in an inconvenient location & I want to move it. The preferred location would involve an approx 8m cable run. I have some 5 core 0.75mm2 flex. Can I just stick it...

Devolos fell over... anyone else suffered?
I have a basic dlink devolo setup with 4 plugin units. Had worked fine for years. This morning it had fallen over & has taken me a few hours to resuscitate. Anyone else had a problem recently? I'm...

Order of Works
Hi all I am considering getting some jobs done, the diy bit being the planning :). These will be fascias and soffit replacement and resurfacing of our drive. There is clearly a bit of cross over with...
19
19

Connect PIV to lighting electrical circuit?
Looking to install a PIV (positive input ventilation) unit in the loft. Spec says max draw of the unit is 16w. Technically/legally can I connect this into the lighting circuits accessible in the loft...
2
2

A/C unit tripping electrics when it rains
In 2005 I had a Millenniumair KFR-34GW Air Conditioning unit from Global Cooling installed to cool an attic room, after reading about the company on here. It plugs into a socket. Recently if the unit...
10
10

Earthing cooker switch backbox...
I want to change some switches & sockets. Currently a 45a 1 gang cooker switch is in a 1 gang back box, physically seperate from an adjacent 1 gang 20a switch (dishwasher) & a double socket, these...
2
2

Quality Light Fittings
Hi all I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly. The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an overhanging extended porch type roof. Although they will be...
14
14

Led strip lighting - channel section & corners....
Have settled on a W shape design for some modest store room led strip lighting. 8mm strip, ali channel to suit w opal diffuser etc... Bought some L & T shape connectors on fleabay & now discovered...
8
8