Subject Author Posted Replies

Decorating after roof leak into wall...
What's the thoughts on the correct approach to deal with a square metre or so of water stained, pockmarked & salt crusted internal plastered wall caused by a roof leak above a masonry wall (before...
1
1

Repositioning heating programmer 8 metres...
The programmer on my heating etc is in an inconvenient location & I want to move it. The preferred location would involve an approx 8m cable run. I have some 5 core 0.75mm2 flex. Can I just stick it...

Devolos fell over... anyone else suffered?
I have a basic dlink devolo setup with 4 plugin units. Had worked fine for years. This morning it had fallen over & has taken me a few hours to resuscitate. Anyone else had a problem recently? I'm...

Order of Works
Hi all I am considering getting some jobs done, the diy bit being the planning :). These will be fascias and soffit replacement and resurfacing of our drive. There is clearly a bit of cross over with...
19
19

Connect PIV to lighting electrical circuit?
Looking to install a PIV (positive input ventilation) unit in the loft. Spec says max draw of the unit is 16w. Technically/legally can I connect this into the lighting circuits accessible in the loft...
2
2

A/C unit tripping electrics when it rains
In 2005 I had a Millenniumair KFR-34GW Air Conditioning unit from Global Cooling installed to cool an attic room, after reading about the company on here. It plugs into a socket. Recently if the unit...
10
10

Earthing cooker switch backbox...
I want to change some switches & sockets. Currently a 45a 1 gang cooker switch is in a 1 gang back box, physically seperate from an adjacent 1 gang 20a switch (dishwasher) & a double socket, these...
2
2

Quality Light Fittings
Hi all I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly. The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an overhanging extended porch type roof. Although they will be...
14
14

Led strip lighting - channel section & corners....
Have settled on a W shape design for some modest store room led strip lighting. 8mm strip, ali channel to suit w opal diffuser etc... Bought some L & T shape connectors on fleabay & now discovered...
8
8

Sand - grain size
Trying to patch a sandy textured painted interior wall finish, feels like 220+ grit sandpaper... Tried some aquarium sand - too grainy & clumps together. Wondering what other sands are worth a try?...
9
9

Seized Grub Screw
Hi Guys I have a bathroom fitting made by Miller. It is like a hoop that takes a glass soap dispenser. Anyhow the hoop fitting slides onto a wall mounted spigot and is secured by a grub screw. Trouble...
12
12

Knot Question
Hi all I am trying to encourage an apple tree in a certain direction by gradually pulling it over. There is a copper beach tree nearby to act as the anchor for the rope tie. What I need is a knot that...
42
42

Semi OT - Anyone know the ins & outs of echo dots in groups & spitify
Put simply i tried to play Spotify on an existing Alexa echo dot group & no sound at all.. I thought I'd try forget the group from Spotify & re add it - cannit find how to do that... Tia

Anyone flashed sonoffs with Easy esp software?
Process completes, boots up, broadcasts ESP SSID, connect, re-confirm house SSID & password,. Then it doesn't confirm back what it's new house ip is like the tutorials I've watched. On boot, it...
5
5

Fixing a loose patch on a lath & plaster ceiling...
I have a loose patch approx 2ft diameter on an overpapered lath & hair plaster ceiling. I can get to the rear of the laths (loft). Does the prop it & pour on loose mix plaster method work? I envisage...
7
7