Anyone flashed sonoffs with Easy esp software?

Process completes, boots up, broadcasts ESP SSID, connect, re-confirm house SSID & password,. Then it doesn't confirm back what it's new house ip is like the tutorials I've watched.

On boot, it appears on the house network, gets an ip address but I cannot talk to it - "unable to connect".

After a few minutes it is gone from the house network til the next boot.

Ring any bells? TIA

Reply to
Jimk

If it knows enough to get an IP address what does WPS add?

Reply to
Jimk

Thanks theo. I reflashed with tasmota using the EasyESP, & similar results ensued.

I'll try the tasmota minimal next when I can find time.

Reply to
Jimk

Yup, somewhere in China.

"Hey guys, we have another open port!"

Do you have a 'WPS' button on your router to press, before/while you attempt to pair?

  • WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Not Easy ESP but a Tuya-based ESP plug reflashed with Tasmota. The principle is roughly the same.

Is it not opening port 80? Maybe it's on some other port? Port scan it (eg with nmap)?

Not really. The reflash worked for me.

Something isn't right. On Tasmota you have to enter a line of JSON which is config for your particular device - what the GPIOs are connected to. Perhaps your device is misconfigured so for example it tries to wiggle a GPIO but that happens to be the off pin on the power supply.

Try a most basic config?

If that doesn't work, try Tasmota? It seems to do roughly the same as Easy ESP, with some minor differences you might not care about, at least to begin with:

Theo

Reply to
Theo

An unhappy experience, when it blocks (by default) what you are trying to do.

Forget I mentioned it :(

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz