Subject Author Posted Replies

Installation of 3kw instantaneous handwash water heater...
Looking into fitting one of these at the far end of the house where the run from hot water tank is excessive. Found a 3kw one that looks ok. Plumbing shouldn't be a problem. Elecs - thinking 13a plugs...
30
30

Large rusty nails in salvaged 4x3 hardwood...
Any tips on how to get them out without making more mess of the timber? When hit backwards they just bend, the heads are firmly stuck :-( Tried punching back out after the pointy end metal fatigued...
16
16

Do sleeping platforms need BRegs?
Does a sleeping platform built in a bedroom in a domestic house need Regs? PP not required I understand. But some variation (as ever!) in "facts" on t'interweb re Regs. At what point does a sleeping...
3
3

Washing Machine Woes
Hi Guys How do I open the door to a washing machine when it has died mid cycle. I cannot power the machine up without tripping the RCD. So it cannot complete the wash and release the door. Without a...
62
62

Plug for Euronics
Hi guys Thought I would give our local appliance store a shout out. Formerly Hanson Electrical of Willerby now Euronics. Bought a washing machine from them recently and although AO's headline price...
5
5

New timer extract fan in bathroom... 3 pole isolation required?
Is it obligatory to fit a 3 pole isolator when fitting a new replacement bathroom fan?
15
15

Kitchen installation, electrics query - certification....
Following the installation of a new kitchen & aplliances, replacement cooker cable, new lighting, switches, sockets etc etc a friend is being told by the "fitter" that no certification is required as...
10
10

RGB colour changing led tape systems....
Anyone had a decent experience with the LED colour changing tape systems? Considering using some with uplighting cornice/coving. Some sellers claim that RGB +White is preferable ? Ideally some smart...
11
11

Decorating after roof leak into wall...
What's the thoughts on the correct approach to deal with a square metre or so of water stained, pockmarked & salt crusted internal plastered wall caused by a roof leak above a masonry wall (before...
1
1

Repositioning heating programmer 8 metres...
The programmer on my heating etc is in an inconvenient location & I want to move it. The preferred location would involve an approx 8m cable run. I have some 5 core 0.75mm2 flex. Can I just stick it...

Devolos fell over... anyone else suffered?
I have a basic dlink devolo setup with 4 plugin units. Had worked fine for years. This morning it had fallen over & has taken me a few hours to resuscitate. Anyone else had a problem recently? I'm...

Order of Works
Hi all I am considering getting some jobs done, the diy bit being the planning :). These will be fascias and soffit replacement and resurfacing of our drive. There is clearly a bit of cross over with...
19
19

Connect PIV to lighting electrical circuit?
Looking to install a PIV (positive input ventilation) unit in the loft. Spec says max draw of the unit is 16w. Technically/legally can I connect this into the lighting circuits accessible in the loft...
2
2

A/C unit tripping electrics when it rains
In 2005 I had a Millenniumair KFR-34GW Air Conditioning unit from Global Cooling installed to cool an attic room, after reading about the company on here. It plugs into a socket. Recently if the unit...
10
10

Earthing cooker switch backbox...
I want to change some switches & sockets. Currently a 45a 1 gang cooker switch is in a 1 gang back box, physically seperate from an adjacent 1 gang 20a switch (dishwasher) & a double socket, these...
2
2