Subject Author Posted Replies

LiIon batteries - storing with the correct charge?
Just a passing thought as I've just bought a Lidl cordless power washer with a couple of LiIon batteries. The charger takes them to 100% I read that they should be stored below 80% for long term life....
1
1

Filling small (few cms cubed) spaces with expanding foam
I need to fill some metal conduits with something to prevent condensation forming and running out of the end. The standard answer for doing this is expanding foam but these conduits are too small for...
8
8

Radiator size
One of radiators in my home is leaking. I’m planning to replace it. The size of the radiator is 89cm width x 72cm height. (Measured by the white panel) However, I searched screwfix and toolstation,...
3
3

Damp Conservatory
At the rear of my house I have a small conservatory. It covers about 15 square yards, and at the highest point of a sloping roof is approx 8 foot high. The walls are constructed of double glazed units...
2
2

Fohen water heater. First impressions
Bought as a cheaper alternative to a Quooker and based on first impressions I’m not disappointed. Construction *looks* good. Instructions could be better as the tap and its tails needs a bit of...
1
1

My bike fell over, so I welded it to a bit of 1960's furniture
A quick daft project: -- Cheers, John. /================================================================= | Internode Ltd - | |-----------------------------------------------------------------| | John...

Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes
I need a 2 gang wall socket for my kitchen but the one I need to replace has a screw in the middle of it top and bottom instead of left and right and it would be a real pain to have to replace the...
4
4

Remove nasty cello tape marks from window?
As reported earlier, last winter I put cheap bubble wrap all over my windows as a poor man way of protecting myself from freezing, and it worked. I used clear cello tape (large size, the one used for...
9
9

Bugs and creepy crawlies - how to get rid?
How do I get rid of (or preferably stop them getting in in the first place) woodlice and centipedes? A shuffle round of furniture means that we can put our 3-seater recliner sofa/settee in the...
10
10

Replacement boiler survey
As posted on here more than once I have an ageing Baxi 105HE combi boiler which is prone to error messages. Armed with information gleaned from the postings I thought I knew what I would ask the...
12
12

OT Driving Licence Renewal
I have just completed the online application for renewing a driving licence for the over 70s. The web site uses something like 8 point text throughout. Is this a sneaky way to check that I have normal...
51
51

OSMO V Linseed oil v Danish oil
Hi all, I have some cedar outside which I am looking to protect but keep the natural colour. I have previously treated it with Linseed oil but after 6 months it is looking grey. So plan is to sand it...
2
2

OT: 4k video
Gentlemen, I bought one of those surveillance drones to keep an eye on a house up the road where some undesirables have recently moved in. It takes *fantastic* high quality video with astonishing...
28
28

Increasing depth/capacity of a pattress
I have a single gang 47mm deep pattress which held one RJ45 through connector and plug and now needs to hold two more. Even with just a second through connector and plug the pattress is overfull. How...
5
5

Shrouded close coupled toilet - cistern removal
I've got a leak coming from somewhere around a close coupled toilet's cistern (the water is clean), but there's no access to the nuts that fix the cistern to the pan. It's one of those that fits flush...
8
8