RGB colour changing led tape systems....

Anyone had a decent experience with the LED colour changing tape systems?

Considering using some with uplighting cornice/coving.

Some sellers claim that RGB +White is preferable ?

Ideally some smart interface would also be good - Alexa integration or an app & wifi maybe?

Grateful for any experiences , product &/or sellers good & bad

TIA

Reply to
Jimk

To uplight a dark end of a dining room 8f course! Tho I'm going off the RGB bit & going for dimmable warm white :-)

Reply to
Jimk

So any good sources or cr4p sources? Specs?

Istr you mentioning you've fitted a few?

Yup I reckon so :-)

Reply to
Jimk

Oh I see..

Reply to
Jimk

It's the way of the future, man. You can make 'em any colour you want or they can cycle through various preset colours and combinations thereof automatically which is handy for Xmas or parties.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You can buy strips where each LED can be changed.

E.G.

dennis

Nothing specific I just order them for student projects this for today.

you can get them with remote controls and differing numbers of LEDs/metre Once yuo get beyond about 3 metres the current gets quite high if the RGBs are all on producing white light. You need a good/attractive way of actually covering the strips for when the LEDS are off otherwise the strip loks a bit crap if it isn't hidden.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Why on earth would you want this in a house?

Reply to
ARW

Sanity prevails.

After 2 weeks of f****ng about with the RGB it will never be used again.

Reply to
ARW

Yup, I used some plain RGB tapes from LEDHut for the top of the two main bits of furniture in my lounge - they point up at the ceiling which is a approx 12" - 18" away.

If you want a "nice" white, then you will get a better CRI from ones with white LEDs since they use a phosphor coating to get broader spectrum white from a blue LED, rather than mixing the rather narrow band RGB sources to get a somewhat "cold" white light.

They often come with an IR based RGB controller and a separate keypad - however you can also get wifi controllers.

I use mine for low level background light when watching movies etc - just set to give a warm yellow/orange glow where it wont reflect in the TV or be in your line of sight. (so I typically just use the one behind the main seating position).

Reply to
John Rumm

Only as a bit of fun with bit-banging strings of WS2812B "LED pixels"

Reply to
Andy Burns

I just fit what the wholesaler sells. It's all the same shit.

Reply to
ARW