changing colour

swmbo decided to have me repaint part of our render where the sun has faded the original sandtex pale cream colour,having no luck in drumming up any action from me she bought some sandtex in a colour called cornish cream,with a promise of ice cold lager and aroast pork dinner i started the painting when to our horror it was far too pale,what colour can we mix to make it a deeper cream?,the pork crackling joint is in the freezer and the lager is back in the box so i need all the help you can give,thanks all !

Reply to
leedsbob

Yellow will make it a deeper cream, but you still might not get the shade right anyway.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

In message , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

And/or a bit of brown, depending on the shade required.

no, to get a good match is quite difficult.. Not sure that painting a bit in a not quite right colour would be any better myself. It's best in this sort of case to paint up to an edge, or a corner etc. where the colour change isn't so noticeable.

Reply to
chris French

It's possible, isn't it, that it goes on pale, but dries darker?

John

Reply to
Another John

Or just a single wall or to internal corner between walls the join will be less obvious unless the old wall is really mucky.

Yes a decent roller is a lot quicker but if the surface of the render is sharp you'll be picking bits of roller off. A few hours, hum, assuming that the current paint/render is in good condition and you only need to do one coat and you have good easy access (scaffold or cherry picker).

Took weeks (> 8) to not finish this place last year before it got too cold. But then there was 160 sq m of wall to pressure wash, patch, thin coat and two full coats to apply along with removing the render from one gable, cutting back and making good the slates and rebuilding a chimney crown as well. Must get the scaffolding ordered to finish the job...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice