Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Glowworm Foundryman Gas Fire
Hi Again Sue, No luck with getting anyone to admit anything then. Typical. Very frustrating indeed. How long have you been on the gas board servicing agreement all together ? Because it seems to me...

Re: Advice on Which boiler to install?
Assuming you already have a properly designed storage system, 1250 quid installed won't give you a combi with anything like the flow rate of hot water you're used to.

Replacement basin mixer valve?
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement tap valve that has a cone shaped washer? The tap in question doesn't have any identifying marks, but looks very similar to the Librio Profile Monobloc...
3
3

Re: Kitchen plinth which way up?
No sink, but a computer - I'm impressed! :-) David
1
1

Re: Rust on brickwork
In article , Andrew Gabriel writes Isn't oxalic acid the thing for this? I think that's what rust stain remover is.
1
1

Re: Hotpoint w/mc motor "afterlife"
There were two articles in a recent Model Engineering Workshop mag on these motors - I'll see if I can find them. "Electric Motors in the Home Workshop" ISBN 1-85486-133-6 and "Electric Motors" ISBN...
5
5

Glass bricks for sale (60+)
I've placed a free advert with photo on Categories ... Bathrooms ... For-sale) Used these in our new porch but got a load taking up space! Location: Bedford and price is negotiable. Mark D.

where to find replacement old bathroom taps?
Guys, The cold water tap handle is slightly broken but I love the look of the tap. I've advertised it (with photo) on the Categories section ... Bathrooms ... Wanted.) Cheers, Mark D.
1
1

extending a ring main
I wish to extend a ring main into a new conservatory. I have a socket on the existing ring that I can extend from. Obviously one end of the old ring and 1 new wire from the conservatory will be...
7
7

Re: Big fat DIY manuals: Collins or Readers Digest?
I got the Collins when I started renovating our flat last year as a DIY novice. Its been invaluable. I'd recommend it. However I still look on uk.diy just about every day for confirmation and ideas. I...
4
4

Re: Desk Cable Channels
You can get the plastic hole (cable tidy) covers from CPC. Why not screw some plasticfinger trunking to the back of the desk to run the cables?
7
7

otdoor pine treatments
we are building a garden feature with some untrated pine,what would you reccomend to treat it with now creosote is taboo
1
1

Re: Thanks all for your help and ideas
It arrived about an hour and half ago! And it looks great so far. These things are absolutely huge - even the most fervent imagining of a 7 1/4 inch saw and blade simply can not do the reality of them...
1
1

Re: sds hammer drill
My Metabo (AFAIR) doesn't have any means to regrease it. I always apply a small smear of grease to the splines on the bits, and clean it off when I take them out. I think this was suggested in the...
6
6

Re: Domestic RCCB tripping
It could simply be that the old RCD was near maximum sensitivity and the new one near minimum. A 30mA RCD *must* trip at or below 30mA leakage but may trip all the way down to 15mA and still be within...
2
2