Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiling water taps
As our tank is a long way from our kitchen sink I keep thinking about a boiling water tap like the Quooker but the moment I look at the price I lose interest. There are cheaper alternatives however...
27
27

What's this drill/jig?
I could use one of these (drilling a 15 or so degree channel) to assemble some frames, and this one looks pretty good - any idea what make it is, or any recommendations for something similar?
5
5

A tale of mow
Well that worked rather well - wish I had done something similar years ago: projects about 13" from the back of the mower, and is about 11" tall. It is about 50% bigger than the exit of the grass...
31
31

OT: Scam?
On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:25:43 +0100, Davey wrote: It's a scam. Need you ask?
2
2

Weird webcam behavior
I bought a really cheap PTZ outdoor webcam, which can connect via either wifi, or wired. It is mounted outdoors and when it works, it provides a really good picture. Powered via a wallwart type...
12
12

Shelf Life Exceeded
The flush handle on the loo came unscrewed and fell off, so I dug out an old bottle of Loctite to put on the thread before reassembling. As I tipped up the bottle, I noticed the label which said:...
2
2

OT: The 1% Club
Anyone else watch this show? I can't see how the questions are ordered. They're supposed to be in order of difficulty, but I find personally a pretty random distribution with some of the supposedly...
23
23

Light switch wiring
Hi All, I am wiring up an MK outside light switch. The switch itself is a 2 way switch but I only need one way. I tested it with my multi meter and it wasn't working. After a bit of trouble shooting,...
7
7

Old good quality plastic suitcases - clue to material for recycling?
We have inherited a couple of very strong but very heavy plastic suitcases. I have no idea what they are made of, but modern suitcases are much, much lighter and still very strong. Also under £100....
2
2

Using multi core cable instead of single core
Hi all, I am doing some wiring outside to put some sockets for my outdoor kitchen. The cable will be channeled into a wall and rendered over and then there will be a short exposed section (behind a...
13
13

Chuck keys - how are they sized?
I need a chuck key for a little pillar drill's chuck, it's a 6mm capacity chuck. I'm not sure if I never had the chuck key or if I lost it but I need a new one anyway. So, how are chuck keys sized?...
2
2

Bass Boost on a Panasonic TV
My new TV is a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B. It gets its input from a Humax PVR. At the moment I route the sound output from the PVR directly to my Hi-Fi unit because I find that the speakers on the TV lack...
12
12

Stud Finder
Somebody asked recently about a stud finder, don't know if this is of interest: is ludicrous. https://walabot.com/en-gb/products/walabot-diy-2-m
10
10

Advice: choosing replacement boiler installer
Old combi boiler (c2006) needs to be replaced. There are two local installers for the boiler I have in mind, both approved by the manufacturer: 1) A one man band 2) A company with several gas safe...
8
8

External WiFi aerial or full access point?
The house seems very resistant to letting WiFi signals out, especially at the back. I was wondering about an external aerial or perhaps a complete Access Point to take the WiFi out into the back...
45
45