Subject Author Posted Replies

Makita lithium ion 18V
in message: What's the Ah of the battery that wouldn't fit? in message: They did indeed. Available s/h on eBay if anyone really wants one :-) in message: Hmmm The buc122 is listed as LXT so should...
3 days ago 14

Smart thermostat Q (again).
in message: A hidden "wiring centre" aicmfp So, decided to order the damn thing in advance of really needing the heating and SWMBO complaining ... After very careful inspection, and trusting my...
3 days ago 16

the holy virgin
anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the process of delivering? like a kitchen rubbish bin.... Virgin on the ridiculous. On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:33:32 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."...
3 days ago 7

Lidl offers
This Thursday, Lidl have their self levelling laser pointer level on sale again. Better than the similar one I bought some time ago as it includes a variable height tripod. Mine came with a less...
3 days ago

Professional Decorator
Decided I may get someone in! Lounge neede the paper stripping and we want it painting. The bloke who quoted said he would want to use lining paper before painting.(Wallrock). I aksed why and he said...
4 days ago 14

Lidl, 80 alligator clips for £3.99?
in message: Aka nipple clamps.... in message: A previous Lidl offer of those Scotch-Lockalike connectors had to be curtailed, because the packaging strongly implied they were suitable for mains use....
4 days ago 10

Buying a bath
I would like to buy a bath which on one side has a built in tray or ledge where items like soap, nailbrushes, sponges etc can be kept. So far I have not found any during my internet searches. Maybe...
4 days ago 5

More Smoke Alarm Advice
The AICO mains, ionisation, wired interlinked, "non-replaceable" lithium battery backed up, smoke alarms are coming up to 10 years old so approaching "end of life". One has started beeping and has...
4 days ago 6

Replacement for Dyson SV06?
I have had this machine for number of years, Now after a charge it only last for a short period. Is it the battery? If so is it worth replacing the battery? Or should I go for a different model,...
4 days ago 5

Glue gun or epoxy glue for temporary basin repair?
in message: Go on! blow *seven quid* & report back! in message: Fingers crossed then... speculate to accumulate... As a temporary measure I wish to glue a broken basin back to-gether. Should I use an...
4 days ago 16

OT: Heated jackets
Gentlemen, My ex bird reckons she's got this jacket that's heated inside. You charge it up from a normal USB phone charger for 5 minutes and it's good for 6 hours. I told her to FRO and no such thing...
4 days ago 25

Hot Glue Guns
in message: They use them at the local junior! in message: Burn your fingers Gentlemen, What can these things do that regular gluing techniques can't? Just curious.... CD no On Sun, 18 Oct 2020...
4 days ago 20

OT: Thoughtful opinion on the EU..
"Written by Philip Cunliffe" "In much media coverage of Brexit Britain is cast as perfidious and deluded, and the EU as moderate and pragmatic. Britain?s post-Brexit future is seen as dim. But a...
4 days ago 8

Smoke alarm advice
The Scottish Government has introduced legislation requiring smoke and heat alarms to be interlinked: I see it, this can either be done by hard wiring or wireless connection. Leaving aside cost and...
4 days ago 15

Failed Honeywell Motorised CH Valve
One of our zone valves has failed in that the spring on the little lever has broken, or possibly come adrift. The lever moves across without any resistance in either direction with the result that,...
4 days ago 20