British Gas WR1

I change the batteries on my thermostat & followed the instructions, I just want to find out if the ON should be always green (on) or not? Because mine do have green light but the boiler is working. Thank you

Shim

How would we know, on a random stat & random boiler in a random system configuration.

If it's working right it's ok, isn't it?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes the green light should toggle each time you press the override button. The boiler should fire when the green light is on.

When you changed the batteries did you follow the re-pairing instructions?

Under Commissioning, top right here:

Graham.

replying to Shim, Beverley knight wrote: OMG. British Gas installed my wirelessWR1 and it has never worked. There were no wires connected to it as it was only attached to the wall without wires as shown above in your pictures. I'm so upset as a women and house owner the installers has done a bad job. I have complained to Barclays but to no avail. My heating has been on and I can't get it off.

Reply to
Beverley knight

Sounds like a job for Adam.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Why do you expect to see the wires? The job may have been done properly using the existing connection points where the wire are already hidden in your walls in much the same way that you wouldn't expect to see the wires for a light switch or 3 pin mains socket.

Two typical examples of what is behind the white receiver, one with surface wires that can be seen the other with the wires hidden and coming through a hole in the back.

and

Are there any lights lit up on the receiver? If so it must have wires to it, and power.

I'm so upset as a women and house owner the

Have you actually read the manual?

Watch the following Youtube video - I believe the BG WR1 is the same as, or similar to, the Drayton model shown in the video.

I have complained to Barclays but to no

Barclays - that well known installer of wireless thermostats/controllers?

Did the heating work perfectly before the wr1 was installed?

Reply to
alan_m

Sounds like a complete c*ck up but stop being a woman or a victim, and buying into the stereotypes of being useless, its not rocket science, read about them and tell them what they did wrong. They rely on baffling the public with crap, and we have to fight back!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

+1, once you know what the facts are you'll know whether it's worth pursuing the small claims track or what the situation is. You might start with the product manual, the one for installers.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr