Need a part for delta jointer (2023 Update)

I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765 It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I have checked with so far.

Do any of you have an old jointer you destroyed that has the lever? I can't change the depth of cut now without pulling on the wire manually.

Its white pot metal, so welding it won't work. JB Weld probably won't hold...

I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL... probably 200 for a $5 part.

Reply to
tiredofspam

tiredofspam

That lever design is very similar to levers for brakes on bicycles.... some older 3 speed bikes? Maybe a similar size is available at a bike shop. Or an old trottle lever for a 3 wheeler?

Reply to
Sonny

Have it shipped in one of those flat rate boxes and or one from the P.O. I suspect you are paying for the 2~3 day service rather than the normal 6~7.

Reply to
Leon

They would not use USPS. Only UPS. I asked. almost $11 for a 1-2 ounce piece of potted metal..

You would hope that they would use the flat rate it's way cheaper. Even if you don't do flat rate, it's still way cheaper.

Reply to
tiredofspam

There are, and I can't swear to any service, that can do a "3-D" image and print of almost anything.

3-D printing is coming of age and there are a LOT of places that will make a heavy plastic, or metal, component from that image.

Not sure what you're paying for everything, but next time you need a part, you might want to look around.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

Reply to
tiredofspam

replying to tiredofspam, Avery wrote: I just bought a Jointer 37-196 with a broken Lever 1346765 and made a replacement out of 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 aluminum angle I used all hand tools and it took about 1 hour. The angle came from Home Depot. the hole for the shoulder screw is an enlarged 5/16 and the cable clamp screw is 15/64. note you do not need the slot for the cable because the aluminum angle will crack it you try to bent it to make the little return, that is what happen with mine. Here are some pictures that may help.

Avery

Hello Avery. I have the exact same problem. Delta sent me to a parts seller who wants to charge $33 plus $11 shipping USPS for a small casting! I'd like to follow your solution, unfortunately, an error message comes up anytime i try to view the pics / links you posted. Can you verify or repost? thank you very much@

Reply to
John M

Renovo parts makes these levers and has multiple parts for Delta that are obsolete.

Mine broke last week and was able to order one from Renovo. Shipping is USPS Priorty Mail and parts ordered on Jan 1, 2021 were shipped on Jan 4th. They are expensive but still available.

Reply to
Delta fan

I don't know why you're a delta fan. I'm sorta worried that I have the Delta tools I do because they _don't_ stock parts. There are absolutely no parts around for my DT jig and I had to search a long time to find the open-end arbor wrench for my Unisaur (I bought two). I won't buy any more Delta tools.

Reply to
krw

Part Number:1342336

Reply to
HawiianOtter

Avery, just found your post and wanted to thank you for it. I just bought a used 37-196 that had the same problem. Thanks to your help it has a new handle. - Bill

Reply to
W61