Power Twist or Link Belt For Delta 37-275X

I'm getting ready to order a Delta 37-275X (old 37-195) 6" jointer from Amazon. I have used Power Twist belts on all my belted tools, (table saw, band saw, current jointer). I would like to order a belt while at the time of the jointer order.

Any idea what size belt I need and how long? My old delta jointer used a narrow belt about 3/8". Is this the same for the

37-275X/37-195?

Also, is this stuff easy to use on a drill press? This is the only belted tool that does not use the Power Twist belt. I was thinking it would be hard to adjust the speed. My Delta 12" requires shifting the belt while spinning the pulley.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell

In the February 2004 issue of Fine woodworking on page 100, there is an inset that exactly answers your question about using linkbelt on a drill press. John White, the shop manager for Fine Woodworking wrote the blurb. He claims that the link belt has enough stretch in it, that you can change belt positions by hand without loosening the motor to give it slack. He claims "a speed change only takes seconds".

I haven't done it yet, but will probably spring for it in the next couple of months.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis