Which Size Link-Belt for Craftsman 10' Contractor Style Tablesaw?

I am planning to replace the V-belt in my Craftsman 10' contractor style tablesaw (model# 315.228390) with a link-belt. But there are different sizes of link-belt, like 1/2" and 3/8". How can I tell which size of link-belt I should use for this tablesaw? The size of the top side of the current V-belt is 1/2". Does this mean that I should get a 1/2" link-belt?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

Yes

And you'll be glad you did.

Old Guy

Reply to
Old Guy

I just discovered another advantage of link belts. I had a link belt on my old contractor saw and needed a longer belt for my new (antique) Delta. All I had to do was buy another foot of link belt and add it in :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

You should also consider turned pulleys to go with that link belt.

Reply to
fgk User

Agreed. There is a kit that includes the belt and two machined pulleys. The pulleys are the same size, which is correct for a 3450rpm motor. Ny antique needed a 5" and a 3" for a 1450rpm motor so I bought machined and balanced ones from Grainger. Sure are an improvement over cast pot metal :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Thanks for confirming that I need 1/2" link-belt (instead of 3/8" version). I will order it soon.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

If you mix old link belts with new link belts you will run down the new link belt more quickly. Oh wait, that's batteries. Never mind!

Good idea BTY! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I LOVE MY POT METAL PULLEYS, 20 YEARS OLD AND GOING STRONG!

Reply to
jbarsoian