Earthing cooker switch backbox...

I want to change some switches & sockets. Currently a 45a 1 gang cooker switch is in a 1 gang back box, physically seperate from an adjacent 1 gang 20a switch (dishwasher) & a double socket, these last share a 2 gang back box (socket) & a linked (with a metal knockout joiner) 1 gang back box.

I was going to replace these with a 2 gang box for the socket, & a dual back box for the 2 single gang switches (cooker & dishwasher) but a thought/question occurred....

Are these circuits (1 cooker, & 2 the others) supposed to have separate earths as now?

If I were to use a dual box I'd in effect be linking their earths....

TIA

Reply to
Jimk

I do indeed now you mention it!

Cheers Adam :-)

Reply to
Jimk

It's not a problem.

PS Do you remember supplementary bonding in bathrooms? That used to "earth" together various electrical circuits (lighting, CH, immersion, electric shower etc).

Reply to
ARW