Quality Light Fittings

Hi all

I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly.

The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an overhanging extended porch type roof.

Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will be exposed to the elements. Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Thanks Owain They look a bit utilitarian for my taste.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Thanks SteveW

Made me and the Mrs laugh Many a true word etc.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Thanks Adam

Will check them out

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Coughtrie.

Should see you out if properly installed.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

There are lots of plastic units these days that look just like painted metal ones. How well they last with sunlight I don't know - but what does that matter in Yorkshire ;)

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I bought some cheap 'antique lanterns' - they are made from anodised aluminium (black) with plastic (poly carb)? windows. After 18 years they are doing OK.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Loads at my wholesalers. I have texted you the details.

Reply to
ARW

I've got some Lidl LED floodlights mounted on an outside wall, so totally exposed. Still look like new after more than a couple of years.

I'd expect anything from a reputable supplier to be at least as good. Have a look at what TLC supplies. Their stuff is generally decent quality.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

By the time it / they are looking shabby you may fancy an update anyway.

Reply to
John

I got some polycarbonate flood lights from them nearly 10 years ago and they are as good as new, apart from changing the compact florescent bulbs for leds a few weeks ago, but I suspect they may not comply with the OP's style criteria.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Astro Lighting have a 'Coastal' range that would probably fit the bill. Be warned though, they will not be as cheap as something from Screwfix.

Reply to
Andrew May

I had a search to see what local stockists there are, as wellmas John Lewis it turned up this electrical distributor, I'd never heard of them before

When I looked at the above website, I had to check with companies house that medlocks isn't a member of the kingfisher/screwfix group, I think you can safely say their web-designer was "inspired" by the SF site ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd say something designed for the very worst weather might be a tad overkill where they are sheltered?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Well, the OP did say "the two replacement fittings will be exposed to the elements". He didn't specify to what extent.

Reply to
Andrew May