OT: Dash Cams

Hi all,
Anyone got any dash cam recommendations? I'd ideally like one that also monitors the rear via a live view for reversing purposes as my gregory is nowhere near as supple as it once was (probably early stage rigor mortis).
cheers.
On 10/06/2018 18:05, Chris wrote:

NextBase
Bill
On 10/06/2018 21:14, Bill Wright wrote:

+1 for NextBase.
I've just installed a 312GW (15% cashback from Currys through TopCashBack - sadly that's expired now) and am pleased with it though there's no rear view from it.
I bought two permanent wiring kits and a second mount so I can move it between Management's car and mine.
iZilla (https://izilla.co.uk/product-category/dash-cams/nextbase /) seem to be the keenest for price at the moment unless TCB offer the 15% again and are where I bought the wiring kits.

I don't have a NextBase
I wish I did :-)
I think your reverse camera on the same device is going to be next to impossible to find
tim
On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:57:22 +0100, tim... wrote:

Have NextBase even produced a separate reverse camera yet?
On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:57:22 +0100, tim... wrote:

And maybe increasingly so, as they come built in ?
On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:09:35 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

I can't see those working so well.
My 512GW has a socket for a rear camera - but last time I looked, none were yet available.
On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:40:12 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Our Citroen came with a reversing camera and HD display for it.

and our 2011 Nissan Qashqai
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Fark, what terminal fuckwit would ever name a car model with a name that almost no one would ever be able to pronounce ?
Presumably a terminal fuckwit Jap.
Corse those clowns were also responsible for the Nissan Cedric.
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:04:31 +0200, Martin wrote:

I meant a reverse lens on the actual dashcam, which was what I assumed was meant.
My current car came with three cameras! Reversing camera, forward low (manoeuvering camera) and forward high (road markings and traffic signs).

IMO whets needed is one on each low corner of the car too, for manoeuvring into tight places when parking etc, and one on the tow bar if it has one too.
Shouldn’t be hard to automatically show the one that matters on the main screen in the car when parking using the gear and steering wheel position.
tim... laid this down on his screen :

Mine includes front and rear cam recording, both are supplied and the display can be set for permanent rear view, but the display is far too small to be usefull for rear view. I have a separate rear view camera, which feeds into the ICE /TV display for that. It's camera I mounted under the tow ball.

My mistake.
I meant to say reversing camera
I am aware that there are some devices that can record from both front and rear view screen mounted cameras for the purposes of incident recording.

These come as standard equipment.
Can a camera supplying a feed to the centre console display be added as an after market item? (Experience tell me that putting this image on the screen is technically a real challenge as legally, in some jurisdictions, it cannot be displayed unless the car is in reverse gear. And without a lot of fiddling around the centre console software doesn't have access to that information.)
tim
On 12/06/2018 09:32, tim... wrote:

With some after market reversing camera they suggest that camera is only switched on when reverse is selected with the power being taken (or switched) from the reversing tail light.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 10/06/2018 21:55, F wrote:

£91 from Amazon.
On 11/06/2018 12:00, JoeJoe wrote:

They were £72ish from iZilla when I was buying, and £79 from Halfords but the price seems to have gone up across the board since then. £83.95 and £99 respectively!

On 11/06/2018 19:07, F wrote:

£79 from Amazon if you have Prime.

A company which tries to charge an illegal "re-stocking" fee if you wish to exercise your legal right to return goods does not encourage trust.
https://izilla.co.uk/returns-refunds/#Returns
On 11/06/2018 15:23, Peter Parry wrote:

Nothing illegal about that at all.
Bill