deck building

Just watched a Wicked video, https://www.wickes.co.uk/how-to-guides/garden-landscaping/installing-raised-decking , on deck building.
Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ? Really? Sounds excessive to me.
Any one tried ground screws for this ?
My neighbour had decking put down less than 10 years ago, it has just had to be redone as the wood has rotted underneath. I knew this decking stuff was a load of rot! Brian
--
----- -
On 12/06/2018 08:42, fred wrote:

2 min 24 seconds is a new meaning to the words "slightly longer" as at 6min 45 sec they chop half of it down.
--
Adam

On 12/06/2018 08:42, fred wrote:

Depends on the ground.
The footings for my new man cave go down 4ft. For a timber framed building. The ground is sort of soft and wet and clay... for piled houses AIUI they just push until they can't get it to go in any more.
Our old house was on sand, and I put a patio down just by levelling the ground. It was still OK after 10 years.
Andy