Subject Author Posted Replies

OSB Board for garage roof Nail or Screw?..
As it says really we're re-roofing the garage roof taking off the chipboard or shitboard rather! And replacing with 18 mm OSB grade 3 just wondering what the best way of fixing it was?, nail it or...
16
16

Splitting bricks
Any hints, tips or otherwise about splitting bricks *lengthwise"? To make in effect a thinner brick? I've had mixed results cutting bricks across their width, and for that I had a bolster chisel...
13
13

An exercise for you, cat flaps
I just tried to find out the size of tunnel needed through brick walls,(and maybe DIY ideas)(Without buying commercial flap and tunnel), not how to (I already know how to cut holes). Exceeding...
25
25

Ping Bert Coules
Forgive me if I'm wrong. Was it you that also ordered a pair of adjustable glasses - "Diy Glasses"? I ordered a pair on 28th August and am still waiting, the supplier is not being very...
3
3

Re: Arrrg! Happy Talk like a Pirate Day..
All in a days work isnlt it, although I thought those names had disproved regarding them being characters along with master bates, from capt. pugwash. Or are you just being a master baiter.
3
3

REQUEST - very rough estimate of cost of a garden wall
A friend, in his travels, has seen the garden wall shown at wants a similar wall to be built where he now lives. The wall is evidently mostly two thin brick walls, perhaps with ties between, and with...
26
26

OT: tires
OK - so the tire pressure warning light was in fact telling us something after all. After two months of it going on and off, and both front tires looking, hmmm, not quite OK, so I'll put some air in...
249
249

flat/cross electric screwdrivers
what are those screwdrivers called for consumer units and some electric sockets which are a mix of cross head and flat? [g]
22
22

Arrrg! Happy Talk like a Pirate Day..
Avarst Behind Landlubbers. My DIY Wooden leg has Death watch Beetle, Brian
16
16

Bubble Airlock
Just had new washbasin with pop up waste and a new central mixer tap with aeriator that is directly above it. I am noticing that often with the tap running it seems to not drain properly and the sink...
7
7

OT TV channel France24
Seems to have vanished?
8
8

BBC outside Broadcasts Why?
What is the point of spending TV license money Broadcasting outsides simply for the effect of it. What a load of garbage.
23
23

Gas bills: Calorific value delay
The past couple of months have seen my gas bill arrive late. Both times I've had to chase it up and then it suddenly becomes available. This month the excuse is that the industry was late in...
5
5

OT SF6 Very interesting topic.
I was involved, oil was mainly used. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49567197When