Gas bills: Calorific value delay

An interesting anecdote that might even be useful if you'd care to name the supplier.

Reply to
Graham.

The past couple of months have seen my gas bill arrive late. Both times I've had to chase it up and then it suddenly becomes available.

This month the excuse is that the industry was late in distributing the calorific value of the gas.

I smell pooh of male cattle.

Anyone else having a problem? Or have any insight into the truth of this explanation?

Reply to
AnthonyL

My monthly gas bills are on line around the 12th of each month and none have been delayed this year.

Reply to
alan_m

The data needed to calculate the CV isn't available in real time, but logged at the terminal. It's a function of the moisture in the supplied gas (which needs to be within prescribed limits).

Also gas takes time to travel through the grid, so there has to be an additional fiddle factor for when the CV was calculated and when the gas on your bill was supplied.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Yes but none of that explains why I only get it a week later than it has automatically arrived the past 18 months and then I only get it when I prod for it. The bill for the period 9th Aug - 8th Sep arrived this morning (18 Sep) whilst I was talking to the customer service rep who was feeding me with bullsheite imo.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Yes sounds like a pile of shit to me as well, after all these years this should be a well oiled machine, and if other companies can do it... I have no axe to grind as I have no gas. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff