Help lower Gas prices

Everyone complains about gas but they do nothing.

Do we: drill? tax oil companies? sponser alt fuels?

Surely WE have to DO something. I made a website with email addresses for YOU to write Congress, newspapers... to tell them how YOU feel.

Has all the info that you need.

Reply to
oil now

on 6/12/2008 7:24 PM oil now said the following:

I have a similar website. It's called 'piss-into-the-wind.com'

Reply to
willshak

The best way to address oil and gas is to use it all up. When it's all gone, there will be no more complaints. The earth has a finite supply of resources no matter what anyone says. It takes Nature millions of years to produce oil and then only under the right conditions.

As Bush might say, "Bring it on!"

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

And, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil. And, then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Not necessarily. There is a theory that hydrocarbons are being produced continuously by the earth.

Be that as it may, the Romans denuded all of North Africa and most of Europe for wood to make charcoal. Just about the time that ran out, economical ways to mine coal were found and coal powered much of the industrial revolution. When cheap coal got rare, oil came on the scene.

When we run out of cheap oil, there'll be something else.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:FM6dnQNCjekVVMzVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Yea, I was thinking maybe make a market for dehydrated OPEC members. Sell as fuel chips to burn like cow chips.

Can you envision evening business report? - Saudi chips up a quarter - Iraqui chips down an eighth - Kuwaiti chips up three on speculation rumors

Reply to
Red Green

My money is on pixie dust, 'cause I want to believe... maybe some extra big help'ns for all those Ford King Ranches out there. *

Cheers, Paul

  • Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesels are not pixie dust compatible so, admittedly, it's an imperfect solution. :-)
Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

And soon farmers grew corn and soybeans and other crops for fuel and food supplies dwindled. Money became more important than survival. In the end, we feasted on hors d'oeuvres of spent fuels and drank the finest aged oil. Then, humanity disappeared into the compost heap of time and the planet became quiet except for the dung beetles and microbes feasting on what remained.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Better idea and one that will work.

Buy more fuel efficient cars, and homes. Drive less. Learn to walk, car pool and live closer to were you work. We use to do that. Laugh at the rest of the world that are still driving their SUV to go the the cash machine to drive to the coffee shop to buy a cup of coffee.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

franz fripplfrappl wrote in news:epk4k.7688$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com:

So it is written, so let it be done.

...and once again the cockroach survived, was fruitful and multiplied.

Reply to
Red Green

Famine.

RicodJour

And those roaches ran for office and transformed into leeches.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Use less oil....drive less, car pool, combine trips, drive slower.

When you buy a new car get one that get's better mileage.

All levels of govt are benefiting more from high oil prices than the oil companies.

Corn to ethanol is driving up food prices; chicken, eggs, corn meal, etc.

Corn to fuel is not a great idea; non-food crops on marginal land might be a better choice.

Start the switch to nuke for electricity, this will free oil, natural gas & coal to be used for feedstock. Plug in hybrids recharged by nuke electricity will lower oil demand.

If the French can produce electricity by nuke we most certainly can. BTW the war in Iraq could have paid for 100's of new nuke plants by now. :(

The US has lots of coal, move towards coal to liquids for transport fuels. Coal to liquid is way less than $140 per barrel (more like $75). Sequester the CO2 produced or use it to "force" agriculture.

There are lots of technologies that can be used to reduce dependence on foreign oil & oil in general.

The congress (republicans for about 10 years or so and now the democrats for ~2 years) has done nothing. Eight years of Bush & eight years of Clinton resulted in no progress.

I really don't hold much hope for Obama or McCain to do anything either.

The country will have to go to a much more serious crisis level before positive action will be taken.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Folks might also ask themselves why oil majors like Exxon, Shell and BP are selling off their retail operations and buying back their stock as opposed to investing this capital into new infrastructure.

See:

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Expensive oil.

Reply to
M Q

In other words, complain to Congress and continue to do nothing.

Reply to
M Q

Not as long as I can find a spotted owl!!

Reply to
Oren

Snail darters are also tasty.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Reply to
HeyBub

They're dumping their money-losing enterprises - that's normal for a well-run business.

Oil companies invest more in exploration and production than one can imagine. Billions each year.

Reply to
HeyBub