British Gas and DD

Amazingly, over the past few months I had watched my British Gas account value, that I owed them, increase month by month. This is in direct contrast to OVO, from whom I will be claiming back a sum after the next meter reading. My British Gas account had reached nearly £300 in debit. Finally, they have realised that something is wrong with the current monthly DD amount, and it will go to something more accurate at the end of this month. In all the years that I have had this Gas account, the DD amount has yo-yoed up and down, they have never managed to set a reasonable value that evens out over a year. It is nice to know that the mistake is not always against the customer, but I have no problem, it helps to compensate for the interest that OVO have been 'earning' on my credit amount.

Reply to
Davey

BG took over my account, after my original supplier failed - from then, until I left them, it was total chaos. My previous supplier got it right, my present supplier Octopus seem to be getting it (DD) spot on. I ended up owing BG almost £700, which they took as a single lump, without even advising me, or asking if it would be OK to do that.

My consumption has remained almost constant, throughout, with the three suppliers - so how could they get it so very wrong?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq