British Gas UP2 heating controller - manual?

I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating on?". British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online? Phil
message

Probably a Drayton lifestyle programmer, but don't ask me which model.
replying to dennis, cpswan wrote: Thanks to everybody on this thread for pointing me in the right direction. As far as I can work out the UP2 is a Drayton LP822, and the pdf manual can be found at http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/sites/default/files/LP822%20%28U%26I%20Guide%29.pdf
The key point is that the UP2 has a jumper to choose between 1, 5/2 or 7 day timing. I had the misfortune of being stuck on 1 day even though my previous timer had 5/2 the British Gas engineer installing the UP2 told me it only did 1 day. I guess he didn't read the manual :(
I wrote a little blog post about changing the jumpers, with some pictures, at http://blog.thestateofme.com/2018/01/14/getting-more-from-a-british-gas-up2-timer /
On 14/01/2018 17:44, cpswan wrote:

SPAM off.
Another 10 year-old post !
On 16/01/2018 16:02, Andrew wrote:

And I know that in 10 years time the apprentices I have got will still not be able to fix it.
--

Adam

Well if its the same as the LP722 which replaces it, the left and right buttons step CH and DHW resp in an off/once/twice/continuous cycle and indicated on the liquid crystal display
All other controls are hidden behind the pull down flap below the display
Its all fairly self explanatory
722 manual here
http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.com/NR/rdonlyres/7473B3E4-1A04-48E8-8B2 8-54E2A7F60534/0/LPrangenewInstructions.pdf
--
geoff

replying to geoff, Linda Turner wrote: Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I can't understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?
Linda Turner wrote:

8 years later, geoff's no longer around these parts! Does the UP2 controller look anything like the LP722 he suggested?
<http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/product/lp722
On 03/11/2016 17:14, Linda Turner wrote:

Do people using homeowners hub actually bother to look at the *date* of the original message ?.
This was posted in 2008 !!!!!.
For christs sake use a proper newsgroup reader.
Andrew wrote:

Apparently not, but the UP2 does look very much like the LP522, here's a video of someone taking apart the controller to drive it from an rPi
<
https://youtu.be/IrXQRXg8t9E

https://youtu.be/IrXQRXg8t9E

and the original instructions
<http://fudgetech.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/pi-central-heating.html
message

Thanks both, will check that with the owner! Phil
Phil B wrote:

You have my sympathy. I had to move 200 miles to be closer to my mother after calls like these. Now I only have to drive 30 miles to flick a switch or press a button.
On Saturday, 13 September 2008 10:25:11 UTC+1, Phil B wrote:

ing

it

My Programmer was changed because the gas board engineer said it was broken . Until then it had worked perfectly but was replaced by a timer only avail able through BG. I have not been able to master this one so phoned the pani c line and got an engineer to come. before his arrival I went on to interne t to find a replacement LP522, and found B&Q and screwfix had them. When th e BG chap arrived, I asked him if I bought a controller would he come back to fit it. Instead of coming back, he showed me that there are 2 screws und er the timer. I went and bought the timer and now have peace of mind that I have heating when I want it. All for the princely sum of £59.
On 03/05/2018 13:27, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote:

"I have not been able to master this". Wow! It's only a timer.
Usenet dates are quite complicated, too.