British Gas UP2 heating controller - manual?

I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil
Reply to
Phil B
"Phil B" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...
Probably a Drayton lifestyle programmer, but don't ask me which model.
Reply to
dennis
In message , Phil B writes
Well if its the same as the LP722 which replaces it, the left and right buttons step CH and DHW resp in an off/once/twice/continuous cycle and indicated on the liquid crystal display
All other controls are hidden behind the pull down flap below the display
Its all fairly self explanatory
722 manual here
Reply to
geoff
"Phil B" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...
Thanks both, will check that with the owner! Phil

Reply to
Phil B
You have my sympathy. I had to move 200 miles to be closer to my mother after calls like these. Now I only have to drive 30 miles to flick a switch or press a button.
Reply to
Hugo Nebula
Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I can't understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?
Reply to
Linda Turner
8 years later, geoff's no longer around these parts! Does the UP2 controller look anything like the LP722 he suggested?

Reply to
Andy Burns
Do people using homeowners hub actually bother to look at the *date* of the original message ?.
This was posted in 2008 !!!!!.
For christs sake use a proper newsgroup reader.
Reply to
Andrew
Apparently not, but the UP2 does look very much like the LP522, here's a video of someone taking apart the controller to drive it from an rPi

and the original instructions

Reply to
Andy Burns
Thanks to everybody on this thread for pointing me in the right direction. As far as I can work out the UP2 is a Drayton LP822, and the pdf manual can be found at
key point is that the UP2 has a jumper to choose between 1, 5/2 or 7 day timing. I had the misfortune of being stuck on 1 day even though my previous timer had 5/2 the British Gas engineer installing the UP2 told me it only did 1 day. I guess he didn't read the manual :(
I wrote a little blog post about changing the jumpers, with some pictures, at
Reply to
cpswan
SPAM off.
Another 10 year-old post !
Reply to
Andrew
And I know that in 10 years time the apprentices I have got will still not be able to fix it.
Reply to
ARW
My Programmer was changed because the gas board engineer said it was broken . Until then it had worked perfectly but was replaced by a timer only avail able through BG. I have not been able to master this one so phoned the pani c line and got an engineer to come. before his arrival I went on to interne t to find a replacement LP522, and found B&Q and screwfix had them. When th e BG chap arrived, I asked him if I bought a controller would he come back to fit it. Instead of coming back, he showed me that there are 2 screws und er the timer. I went and bought the timer and now have peace of mind that I have heating when I want it. All for the princely sum of £59.
Reply to
Ally.sutherland4
"I have not been able to master this". Wow! It's only a timer.
Usenet dates are quite complicated, too.
Reply to
GB