British Gas efficiency

I have had an annual maintenance contract with British Gas for my mother's flat for not less than 20 years.

The flat has recently been renovated for my daughter including installation of a new boiler.

BG wrote to arrange an annual service. I called them and suggested cancelling the visit as the boiler was only two week old.

The agreed.

They arrived this morning.

Reply to
Pinnerite

Was the penguin there too?

Reply to
Davey

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

They emailed me a survey to fill in. Yeah, okay I'll do it. It was nearly

100% about smart meters. Survey not sent.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

LOL....love it..

Reply to
mb07jeb

Yes I get this with meter readers from edf. I say you just read my meter, so can you cancel the one we set up three months back. No problem sir. come the day it was arranged for ting aling, I've come to read the meteer. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They still don't realise they've been privatised.

Reply to
Huge

Did they phone beforehand or were they one of the 5% of engineers that don't?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Fill the survey in with as many incorrect details as you can get away with:-)

Reply to
ARW

Anything with "smart" in the title should be avoided like the plague, since they're 'smart' mostly, if not entirely, for the purposes of the manufacturer or service provider.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ouch. How many new CH systems would 20 years of those premiums get you?

This sort of thing seems very common. Is it worse than it used to be?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I got most of the way through it and then got fed up telling them why I did not want a smart meter.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire