Non-reciprocal path on 4m fm ?

Friend got a jpole he has a 4m anytone.....I got a jpole andI have a 4m anytone...put up my jpole today....he hears me well I can't hear him...non-reciprocal path?.....or did I use duff coax???.....tested it... it is quite long only a couple of watts lost from one end to the other...swr ok into dl and antenna.....really don't want to have to replace the coax after todays escapades on the roof ........used a philips fm1000 which receives slightly better than the anytone.....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj ...

This post appears to have been made today, I can't understand why it isn't something from anything up to 16 years ago.

Reply to
Brian Morrison

In message , Brian Morrison writes

Jim's saying he's getting out OK, but can't receive. Maybe he needs to wait 16 years before he gets the reply?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

alright alright I have packed it in now....interesting looking back though........happy days pre-cole .......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

And therein you made a very good point; how the rush to get bums on seats has resulted in an influx of untechnical ne'er-do-wells to the detriment of amateur radio in general and this NG in particular.

Stephen Thomas Troll is a sociological cancer feeding on the wellbeing of this NG and illustrating how wrong it can be to welcome a viper into our bosoms.

As for the boasts made by M3OSN about his part in creating the exam syllabuses (pl?), he should hang his head in shame when they have given a full licence to someone who not only did not know his sidetone or his sideband but also got rid of a rig when he hadn't a clue about the fault that it had or why that fault had disappeared.

That shame of M3OSN has continued this week when over in the GQRP Yahoo group a full licensee has asked for an elmer to fix his rigs.

ANy full licensee worth his salt fixes his own gear or else is condemned to be no more than an uppity CBer.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Nurse!

Reply to