Garden path

Is there anything I can smarten up my garden path with? I'ts plain concrete and looking quite shabby. I don't want to dig it up as it's about 6 inches thick. Would it be possible to skim over it, or is there something like tarmac I could cover it with. I can't put anything too thick as it goes up to the house wall and is only one brick course below the dpc. (That's how it was built). Ed

Reply to
Ed Rear

If it looking a bit shabby it might be possible to freshen its appearance using a pressure washer. That'll shift the grime from the path giving a nearly new appearance.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Edging blocks from a DIY store as retaining "walls" then a thin layer of gravel, available in many colours and styles from garden centres?

Reply to
rrh

Ok if you enjoy sweeping up in the house...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Gravel shouldn't migrate into the house if it's at least 1mm thick. I've got "Cotswold buff" on my path, fairly cheap to buy (and easy to lay) (and easy to replace) (and natural looking).

Andrew L.

Reply to
Andrew L.

natural

Of course, when I say 1mm I really mean 10mm. (Andrew L.)

Reply to
Andrew L.