Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Prorouging and the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court should not, in fact, be considering the matter (and neither should any other court) as to do so infringes the Bill of Rights.
26
26

Fridge bulb, how to replace?
Er, can't see how to get this cover off to change the bulb! Getting ahold of it & pulling it every which way quite firmly doesn't budge it. Anyone know how this one works? It's a proline. Not run into...
15
15

PU foam and PVC
Does PU foam react with PVC? I have a hole with a cable passing through it that I need to fill and it would be handy to use PU foam. Richard
5
5

Straightening a bib tap...
I fitted a couple of bib taps for a friend and when I left them they were vertical but I only had wodges of PTFE tape to wrap the threads with and it?s really too squidgy for the job. The taps are now...
11
11

Understanding the Teen Brain
Understanding the Teen Brain It doesn?t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn?t something they can excel in, at least not yet. The rational part of a...
28
28

new failure mode for fluorescent light fittings?
I had a problem with some fluorescent light fittings recently. It took me a while to track down, and even after a bit of Googling haven't found mention of it before, so I thought I'd pass it on. I...
4
4

Re: tires
most do that IME I had to pull out into traffic once last year, and didn't like it. There was literally no other option, nowhere else to go. Going back down the lane I came from wasn't a legal option,...
4
4

OT: Council tax
Hi All, I have a 2nd home (furnished) in a borough that wants to add a council tax surcharge for such homes of 50%. I understand why, and have no objections in principle. My main home is in a borough...
16
16

Catalytic converters
sure you're not thinking of diesel particulate filters?
18
18

OT: VAT
Is there VAT on luxury home delivery of uncooked food?
25
25

My garage has an Asbestolux? ceiling. Can I have it plastered over?
So do the other 27 flat owners in this block, as far as I'm aware. I want to work in the garage, so can I have it plastered over, or does it need to be removed completely? A very nice old neighbour...
30
30

Children climate protest
I would have jumped at the chance of a day off school as a child. I wonder how many would have protested if it had been at the weekend?
6
6

OSB Board for garage roof Nail or Screw?..
As it says really we're re-roofing the garage roof taking off the chipboard or shitboard rather! And replacing with 18 mm OSB grade 3 just wondering what the best way of fixing it was?, nail it or...
16
16

Splitting bricks
Any hints, tips or otherwise about splitting bricks *lengthwise"? To make in effect a thinner brick? I've had mixed results cutting bricks across their width, and for that I had a bolster chisel...
13
13

An exercise for you, cat flaps
I just tried to find out the size of tunnel needed through brick walls,(and maybe DIY ideas)(Without buying commercial flap and tunnel), not how to (I already know how to cut holes). Exceeding...
25
25