Providing power for built in Microwave

I need to provide a power connection for a built in microwave oven going in to the same tower unit housing the conventional oven is in. The microwave o ven will require a FSU which will be within the tower unit. Can I wire this from the oven supply connection just below or as a spur off the kitchen ri ng. If I do the first option does the connecting cable need to be the same as the supply? For the second option would I need a separate switch outside the tower unit? Any other gotchas?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

into the same tower unit housing the conventional oven is in. The microwave oven will require a FSU which will be within the tower unit. Can I wire th is from the oven supply connection just below or as a spur off the kitchen ring. If I do the first option does the connecting cable need to be the sam e as the supply? For the second option would I need a separate switch outsi de the tower unit? Any other gotchas?

If powering from oven circuit, your total current consumption after diversi ty is applied must be within the capability of cable & MCB/RCBO. If powerin g from a ring socket circuit this is not an issue. In both cases your cable to the SFCU only need be rated to 13A, 2.5mm in pr actice. If you had a socket there instead - more convenient - the cable fee ding it needs to be 2.5mm or bigger.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr