OT: Electric car batteries

What I find amusing is when they go after each other, in the same party!
--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

On 06/27/2016 08:54 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

You Labour party is shaping up to be almost as amusing as our Democrats. The Tories haven't warmed up to full on infighting yet.

There's a fuckwit in the Labour party trying to sue the previous labour prime minister for "war crimes" whatever they are.
--
Paddy takes his new wife to bed on their wedding night.
She undresses, lies on the bed spread-eagled and says
On 06/28/2016 12:21 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Bombing the shit out of sovereign nations? Being a lapdog for the US?

Bombing the shit out of the neanderthals. And we didn't do enough of it. The whole place should have been levelled.

If Tony Blair is tried for war crimes, your ex-president will be brought into it to. Corbyn will get killed by the CIA.
--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of the oncoming train.

On 06/29/2016 03:26 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

I don't have a problem with that. Bring in Kissinger, the Clintons, Rice, Power, Obama, and Johnson if you want to go to the trouble of digging the son of a bitch up.

I don't want to, our stupid Labour leader wants to. I was just saying your lot would squash him like a fly if he ever tried to get them all into trouble.
--
Women claim that they never pursue a man. Well, by the same token, a mousetrap never pursues a mouse, but the end result is
the same.

I don't want to, our stupid Labour leader wants to. I was just saying your lot would squash him like a fly if he ever tried to get them all into trouble.
--
Women claim that they never pursue a man. Well, by the same token, a mousetrap never pursues a mouse, but the end result is
the same.

Vegans are over the top pedants. Not drinking milk, eating cheese etc, that has to be bad for you.

I've always been vegetarian, and while I'm as fit as anyone else who takes the same exercise (I can run as far and as fast as others), I never seem to build up muscle when weightlifting. I have to exercise "properly" by swimming or running or cycling etc.

No wonder you fall off your bike, try going round them.

Your what?

I eat what I find tasty.
--
What lives in the sea, and goes dah di dah dit, dah dah dit dah?
A morse cod.
On 06/27/2016 10:44 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

As far as aerobic exercise I do as well on a vegetarian diet as not, possibly a little better with more carbs. It's just the weights that fall off. Not enough to have a real world effect but definitely noticeable.

Cholesterol.
http://www.foreverhealth.com/blogs/forever-health/69756741-how-to-understand-a-lipid-panel

I'm a PETA member too -- people eating tasty animals.

Does this mean you're implying that anaerobic exercise isn't so good?

I object to nice animals being killed, like fluffy rabbits. But who cares about a stupid cow? They have no intelligence.
--
The wife had a birthday and her husband wanted to know what she desired. She said she'd like to have a Jaguar.
He didn't think it was best for her.
On 06/28/2016 02:26 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

No anaerobic is okay too. As long as it lasts. I don't run so I mostly go anaerobic for short bursts up steep slopes.

On a vegetarian diet, have you ever tried body building?
--
Why do tourists go to the top of tall buildings and then put money in telescopes so they can see things on the ground in close-up?

On 06/29/2016 03:23 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

No, but there are some impressive vegan body builders. Of course, when you're striving for 4% body fat living on lettuce helps. Those people are, um, different, particularly the women.

I thought you required certain proteins and stuff to increase the muscle size. Those aren't in vegan diets.
--
If trains stop at train stations, what happens at workstations?

On 06/30/2016 09:19 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/how-to-build-muscle-mass-on-a-plant-based-diet
You can. Vegans come up short in a few things, notably D3 and B12. It certainly takes more planning than munching your way through 100 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Too much hassle to change diet. I like to eat what I enjoy eating.
--
Illegal is a big sick bird.

That's certainly how I envision it. The customer would even get a credit for the remaining charge that is left in his low battery. The facility would look like a high-tech car-wash - drive in - robots do the work. The low batteries would be re-charged when grid rates are lowest - overnight & weekends. John T.
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 8:17:53 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

What do you think this robot facility would cost? The cost of these new facilities would be one big issue. And then you have the chicken and the egg problem, ie who's going to make the big investment when there are no cars that need it and who's going to buy the car without the facilities? Then you have the biggest problem, which is that all this is avoided with a gas powered car or a hybrid and last time I checked, they cost less without the recharging headaches.
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:18:25 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

It's certainly a good idea. They also tried it in Israel, a small country where it seemed it might be easier to do than in a big country. It was in the newspaper in the US. They were going to have machine-accessible batteries, and a machine that would take the old one out and put the new one in (since they are heavy.)
It wasn't as popular as they hoped, and maybe they were counting on enrollment to raise the money to build more battery replacement locations. At any rate, eventually they put it up to a vote of those who were using the service, whether, if I recall the choice correctly, to have fewer battery replacement locations than once planned, but all over the country, or to have them in the Tel Aviv area, 50 or however many miles from Tel Aviv. The subscribers voted for the second choice. But the article below seems to say that that didn't last either, and maybe I suppose the cars are just slow-charged at the homes and jobs of whoever owns them now.
Googling I find https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Place which says they started in 2007, peaked in 2012, and were bankrupt by 2013. They had tried in Denmark and Hawaii too, also small places, but maybe they did that after they didnt' get enough customers in Israel, and then had the same problem in the other places too. This page has a short part called "History of the battery swap concept" which includes "Electric forklifts have used battery swapping since at least 1946[32][33] and a rapid battery replacement system was implemented to help maintain 50 electric buses at the 2008 Summer Olympics in China.[34]"
Googling also shows that others in Israel are working instad on a quickly-rechargeable car. http://fortune.com/2015/08/19/electric-car-battery-charges-minutes/ http://www.timesofisrael.com/storedot-promises-electric-car-that-charges-in-5-minutes/ and separately http://www.breitbart.com/california/2014/06/09/israeli-canadian-electric-car-company-leapfrogs-tesla-with-long-range-battery/