OT: Electric car batteries

On 06/24/2016 10:35 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Valiants were good cars but I really preferred the 1st generation. I never had one but my mother bought a Gold Duster. Her theory was it would prevent her from becoming the duty driver when her friends wanted to go someplace. It was also the first automatic she'd ever driven and I had to do a little coaching. She'd only been driving since the '20s but was a little late getting into newfangled stuff like automatics and power steering.

I would have loved to nhave a 1st gen (60/62?) with an aluminum 225 and 4bbl 4 speed. VERY rare. The 3rd gen was nice too. I know a guy has a "baracuda station wagon" sustom. Concept car using2 door valiant with starion wagon rear quarters and cuda front sheet metal - FABULOUS car. All factory mopar parts -off the shelf.

I had a car with lowered suspension. I kept removing parts of the underside every time I went over a speedbump or an uneven road. Terrible idea.
--
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my Uncle Bob. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 14:13:42 +0100, "James Wilkinson"

The lowered Valiant had less problems with ground clearance than the stock Pacer - rgw K member may as well have been a grader blade on that one.

Lowering a car doesn't usually make it handle better - the car was designed a certain way, and if you change only one or two aspects of that design, they no longer match.
--
My penis is 12 inches long, but I don't use it as a rule.

On 06/25/2016 11:03 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Says the man who admits to not being a mechanic...

I know a few.
--
Take some good advice: Never try to baptize your cat.

On 06/26/2016 04:45 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

I know a few doctors....

Which means you most likely know a few things about what is bad and good for your body.
--
Pilot to tower, pilot to tower, I am 300 miles from land, 600 feet over water, and running out of fuel, please instruct!
Tower to pilot, tower to pilot, repeat after me: "Our Father, which art in heaven....."

He is not only not a mechanic, but also not a physicist. I doubt he has a 5th form education.

I have an honours degree. Never used it though.
--
I failed my audition as Romeo through a misunderstanding over a stage direction. In my script it clearly said, "Enter Juliette from the rear."

On 06/26/2016 12:35 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Again, readily apparent... How's the pay down at the chips shop?

How does not using it imply I'm stupid?
--
It is preferential to refrain from the utilization of sesquipedelian verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualization can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities.

On 06/26/2016 02:37 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Actually it doesn't. I've got one of those fancy faux parchment things around here someplace with very few miles on it.

Honours degree in abnormal basket weaving doesn't open many doors for work - even though it had the lowest tuition and no textbook costs - and it doesn't mean you are smart.
I've the equivalent to a city and guilds engineer qualification plus a couple diplomas, but my most valuable education was my "practical engineering" education from the School of Hasrd Knocks. - It's taken just over 45 years and I'm still learning.(and I use it pretty well every day)
On 06/26/2016 07:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

What I'll be doing at work tomorrow wasn't even invented close to 50 years ago and the precise technology I'll be using doesn't even have 10 years under its belt. It's like being a shark; stop swimming and you die -- or become a manger.
On 06/26/2016 10:50 PM, rbowman wrote:

Those who can, do; those who can't, manage.
On 6/27/2016 4:00 AM, Tad Moore wrote:

Make the laziest guy in the shop a manger. He knows the shortcuts to get it done.
I manage a small company with 20 employees. I have done every job here so no one can BS me. Fortunately, some others are better at certain jobs than I am.

It's a Physics degree, which does mean I'm smart. But it's useless as there are fuck all jobs in that field.

Nobody should go to University, training on the job is far more useful.
--
The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.

On 06/27/2016 08:08 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Taking a degree in a field with fuck all jobs is smart?