Amazon orders 100,000 electric delivery trucks,

My parents had asbestos shingles put over the clapboard siding when I was a kid. There were a lot of left over shingles for me to use for my projects although they were brittle.

Reply to
rbowman

And why you now have asbestosis and meosothelioma.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

No, I'm safe. I didn't grow up in Libby. Context: Libby Montana was a W.R Grace vermiculite mine that was contaminated with asbestos. They used mine tailings for everything in town like the high school track plus most people in town worked at the mine. The body count was 400 the last I knew.

Not to exonerate Grace but in the '50s the health hazards weren't completely understood. An uncle worked in a Bendix brake factory and died of cancer. I don't know if asbestos was the cause. In that era old people died. As the Buddha said, birth is followed by old age, sickness, and death.

Reply to
rbowman

Apparently is a problem in this area as well. I never had any of my houses tested, mostly because they all leaked like sieves. And I don't do anything in the basement apart from a quick run down to the beer fridge.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I cannot shoot those in my yard and when my Chinese chestnuts fall even firecrackers will not keep them away. What does, however, is a shot in the rear with my pellet gun.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

otoh:

"There are only four radon health mines in the United States, and all four of them are located within twenty minutes? drive of each other in the Boulder-Basin area south of Helena."

We have the Freemen, Teddy Kaczynski, and radon health mines. What's not to like?

Reply to
rbowman

I did a mailorder test when selling my house. It was about $15 from Amazon and you sent the receptor to a lab. The buyer evidently accepted it as there was no mention in the purchase agreement, just the usual inspection.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Curious and just checked DE rules. There is a right to know if house has been inspected to a potential buyer and buyer can test or make testing a contingency but it is not mandatory to sell a house.

I got a free test kit from my employer about 30 years ago. Passed but I did not save the results.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I've got to get a game camera. This morning the cat food cache, a 33 gallon plastic garbage can was on its side. I'd put a couple of old bike batteries and cinder block pieces in the bottom for stability but that's not enough. The odd thing is whatever tips it over apparently doesn't like Friskies anyway and doesn't eat anything. I don't think dogs or coyotes are that fussy.

Reply to
rbowman

Would an electric fencer be practical if just to train the whatever? Maybe you'd need it for only a couple weeks?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I'd probably wind up training myself. I'd be more concerned if it was eating the cat food rather than just turning the can over. That's what has me curious.

Reply to
rbowman

Bear? Big ass raccoon?

Reply to