Amazon, what a bargain!

ATP YC-101 Universal Speedometer Core Repair Kit 120"

APDTY = Auto Parts Direct To You. listed on Amazon $34.14

Advance Auto Parts $5.99

Same thing, although the second you can pick up within 12 hours at a nearby store, and the other has FREE delivery: Nov 2 - 6, Fastest delivery for extra charge: Oct 29 - Nov 4

The Amazon store has 95% positive in the last 12 months (2161 ratings)

1795 South Patrick Dr Indian Harbour Beach Florida 32937 US

NAPA has a similar kit it for $7.39.

Further on down, on the original search page,

Amazon has the exact same thing as above for $6.30

micky

Doesn't Amazon give the shopper an option to put the cheap stuff first, right after the stuff Amazon really wants to sell? It's funny how we use words sometimes. "exact same" or "free gift". Don't deny it. I caught you red handed.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

but you HAVE to know what you are buying and what it's worth. If you are stuck out in Podunk or wherever with no auto parts store near by and your car can't be driven while you wait for a part it MIGHT make sense to pay more than would otherwise be sensible to get the part delivered to your door. As always - Buyer be ware!!!

There is always someone willing to take advantage of a sucker - and there's one born every minute.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I've often seen the same item offered by various vendors with a wide range of prices. Suckers are free to choose the most expensive.

The Prime 'free shipping' is factored in but still is often lower than a vendor's shipping costs. When you're the 600 pound gorilla of the shipping world you get breaks.

I shop locally as much as possible but this is not a large market and once you get away from common commodity items you're on your own. I even came up dry for a push rotary lawnmower cover. 'Wrap it in a tarp. We've got plenty of those.' was the answer.

Reply to
rbowman

Yes, but as soon as you vary the search terms at all, it goes back to "Featured stuff first". I'm sure that catches some people. Though I've never seen a price difference like this before $6 vs.$34.

Huh? I said Same thing, and they are the same thing. FREE delivery I just copied and pasted from the ad.

Reply to
micky

I missed it the first time. I did say "exact same thing". Yes, it is funny. People often same when it's functionally the same, or same thing but in different packaging, or a different edition of the same book, or even with bigger differences, so "exact same" means truly the same. But even then if the cardboard backing on one is bent and not on the other, is it the same?

or "free

Reply to
micky

Too many third party scammers.  If it doesn't say "Ships from Amazon" AND "Sold by Amazon", I don't consider it.

Reply to
Big Harry Hooters

I tend to agree with this. Amazon shipping and return if needed are good. I had problem a couple of years ago with a defective product from a second party waiting for days for him to get back to me. I then called the manufacturer and sent it back for repair but it cost me shipping to him.

Might mention that wife had excellent dealing with Walmart. If they have an item on line that is not in their store they will ship to you for free. One she bought, costing about $35 was shipped overnight and the other a small item about $10 came in 3 days.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 22:26:22 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to digest...

It doesn't look like Dorman; it might work, but then it's universal.

Reply to
Tekkie©