what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number

113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..
Reply to
Sandra

$75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it was built and usage it has seen.

Reply to
Leon

There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage. Shipping is free.

athiker

thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,

Reply to
Sandy

thank you for the information..

Reply to
Sandra

That it or nearly so?

Those are pretty good saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high disfavor w/ the general public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is likely going to be difficult unless you can find the rara avis that knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead of just a bargain hunter.

I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all, but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break $100 unfortunately.

What accessories/blades did he have to round it out?

Reply to
dpb

I got mine for free the owner wanted it out of his shop. It conflicted with his much better and older equipment.

Mike > I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number

Reply to
mungedaddress

cb11211 wrote: >> >> $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indica te the year it >> was built and usage it has seen. > > > thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright > 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again, That it or nearly so? Those are pretty g ood saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high disfavor w/ the genera l public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is likely going to be difficult unl ess you can find the rara avis that knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead of just a bargain hunter. I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all, but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break $100 unfortunately. What accessories/blades did he have to round it out? --

My brother's Craftsman saw was bought in 1975. I used it often. It is a g ood saw. He received the (recalled) replacement blade guard and it still w orks fine. I think he was sent new wood for the whole table top, also. I 'd value his at $150-$200, but it's whether someone would pay that much for it.

If yours doesn't have the replaced blade guard, yet, get it. If you don't know if it has been replaced, the recall folks should have a record, to kno w or not.

Post it for $200 (with the relaced guard), with lots of pics (Craigslist?). If, in 2-3 weeks, no one buys, then reduce the price.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Yep, his saw model is on the list (as is my old RAS); less hassle than selling the thing, just take the money & run!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

That's funny, a few years ago, I tried to point someone to this, and the site had retracted the 100 and just offered the kit.

Not sure what happened... change of heart?

Reply to
woodchucker

But the kit will make it nice and pretty for sale. ;-)

Reply to
krw
[snip]

AFAIK, the $100 "bounty" has never been taken down. Perhaps the model number you ran was different.

This site covers a number of the saws and many were able to be retrofitted with a kit. For those, postage was paid IIRC for the old parts taken off. Sadly, mine was only wanted "dead." Good saw and provided (actually still use it now and again) service.

It was from that age of Craftsman power tools - ca late 69's early 70's

- when they still had "it." If you took time to set it up properly it would stay in alignment and do a right fine job.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

My kit is coming. I've been using my saw for all these years and have made a number of complex items on it. I plan on some in the months to come as well.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I bought one at a yard sale for $15. Then someone said something about a recall. I checked the number, and sure enough, it was one of the ones being recalled. They sent me a FedEx box for free prepaid shipping. I just took off the motor and sent it to them, and in a couple of weeks, I got a check for $100.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I bought a Sears RAS in 1969 or so I build cabinets, a rear deck, stairs an d more with it. I never had an instant of trouble with it Sadly, I sold it when we moved 15 years ago. I'm now trying to sell a small table saw and a laser compound miter saw and looking for another radial. There are a few li sted on Craigslist for from $50 to $150 but I can't get a response from any of the sellers. Crazy

Reply to
tflan1018

Reply to
Mike M

In the early '80's My wife's cousin had a Sears RAS that he was unable to get cutting straight. He asked me to try and set it up for him as I had a cabinet shop. Wow, was that ever a piece of crap. Several years later he tried to give me the saw, for free.... I declined. I don't know if early or later Sears saws were better, but I know they couldn't have been worse. Whatever asking price you decide, I sure don't want it.

Reply to
Jack

El jueves, 26 de septiembre de 2013, 9:44:02 (UTC-5), Sandra escribió:

IM LOOKING FOR ONE OF THIS SAWS, PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ONE FOR SALE .

Reply to
gregoriocerecedo.2010

El jueves, 26 de septiembre de 2013, 9:44:02 (UTC-5), Sandra escribió:

I NEED ONE PLEASE CONTACT ME AT snipped-for-privacy@GMAIL.COM

Reply to
gregoriocerecedo.2010

And you're willing to send a cashiers check (for more than the sale price), right?

Reply to
krw