what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

Preaching to the choir. I have owned both, actually started with a RAS and built furniture for 4~5 years with that RAS.

IMHO cross cutting on a TS is easier when cutting wide stock, and with a sled probably easier. I think the most difficult part on a TS is squaring the end of a 15' piece of what ever. Either way I cut with a jigsaw to a manageable length and what I would do with a RAS also, you still have to deal with long stock tipping after being cut.

Reply to
Leon

Yep. Even when perfectly set up, many of them dip a little at the end of the pull. Enough to make a sloppy dado/rabbet.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Only if it's a cheap POS (which, unfortunately, many are).

I've never had the issue w/ the old Delta 16" nor would one have w/ an Original Saw Company model or one of that ilk. Even the old 10" DeWalt if set up properly is perfectly adequate for the task.

Reply to
dpb

Hello... You still looking for a sears/craftsman 10" radial saw? I have one for sale... Let me know if your interested... Thanks. My email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
virtue410

If anyone still needs a radial arm saw. I have one with the bottom cabinet im guessing its a 1960ish model.

Reply to
chall636

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You'll have to give us more information if you want to get rid of it. Start with the 4 double-U's: Who you are What you have (including model number or any identifying marks) Where it is What condition it is in

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

If you are local, I may be interested thanks

Reply to
bnwelch

There is a craftsman radial saw for sale on the internet for $70 with a table and cabinetright now in good condition

Reply to
ggbrocks

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Don't you imagine Sandra has found one by now? It's been nearly three years since she posted that...

Reply to
Doug Miller

It's not about what it's "worth", it's about what someone else will pay for it, and I think it's a buyers market on these things. Search craigslist in some relevant locales.

Reply to
Bill

I have two of the old 10 inch radial saws that are recalled , regretfully I just now found out about the retro kit that was available . Regretfully wh en I called yesterday and asked about it , I was told they no longer offere d the kit , just the 100 rebate or what ever it is called . Where have I be en all these years to have never heard about this recall till now , I read somewhere that it has been in effect for a couple of decades , always was l ate on everything lol . Bought one of my 10 inch radial saws new at Sears i n the late seventies I believe . Bought it new at Sears for $318.00. Would love to have had the retro kit , especially the new table top . I can not i magine someone trashing their saw for 100 bucks , esp. if it still in super nice condition . I just picked up the other one a couple of days ago in a trade for a Makita 15 inch planer . Its all there but the motor just hums w hen you turn it on . Plan on calling Sears tomorrow and see if you can stil l send motors to them to be repaired and find out about cost to do so . I L ike these saws that much that I will try and get it fixed rather than sell off the parts for 100 and sell it to someone who may be looking for a used one . Never checked on the price of a new one yet but I am sure they are pr etty high in price . I have had some close calls concerning injury on mine but is was always due to carelessness . Its a great saw , you just need to not rush into doing some things on it . I never did like trying to rip a bo ard on it , will stick with my table saw for that . Good luck to those who are looking to buy and sell theirs saws .

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 11:37:15 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrot e:

Reply to
karenatwell

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 2:23:13 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@frontier.com wr ote:

[...]

ote:

I don't believe the retro kit was ever available for that version of saw... You can probably still find an intact RAS on your local CL for less than th e cost of a new motor...

Reply to
bnwelch

wrote:

..You can probably still find an intact RAS on your local CL for less than the cost of a new motor...

26 Craftsman RAS's on CL in my local area...$50 - $150, various conditions.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

I have a craftsman radial arm saw, and a Beach Manufacturing Company rip/table saw. Both work fine. The Beach has rollers also. 704-296-0113.I am in North Carolina.

Reply to
randythomasrt80

Basically it's worth exactly what you can get for it and not a penny more. They are not a high demand unit any more so you are unlikely to get a "bidding war" for it.

Reply to
clare

Did you say "bidding war"?

Death Ray...a billion dollars.

DerbyDad03

where u located I am interested in a radial arm saw like $125.00 if u are close to me in Oklahoma

Reply to
luther78gabbard

I might sell mine for that (with the recall kit, if I can find it) and at least I'm in the same year you're in, if not anywhere near Oklahoma. ;-)

Reply to
krw

After four years - might not be for sale.

But the real question is "Value to who? Value as what?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Hey, all. I realize this is an old thread, but I don't seem to have anywher e else to turn with my question.

A friend just gifted me a working Craftsman 7 1/2-inch radial arm saw, mode l 315.23743, but it's without the blade guard as it broke and neither the s aw model number or the actual part number pulled from the users manual brin g up that part ANYwhere, including the Sears part house(s). And at present there are no listings on the eBay machine for this blade size.

Any suggestions for where to buy it?

Thanks!

Reply to
raecrowe51