what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 10:15:47 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote :

ere else to turn with my question.

del 315.23743, but it's without the blade guard (the clear plastic cover on ly) as it broke and neither the saw model number or the actual part number pulled from the users manual bring up that part ANYwhere, including the Sea rs parts house(s). At present there are no listings on the eBay machine for this blade size either.

other brand fit it if I can't get the Sears flavor?

Reply to
raecrowe51

Value to whom? Value as What?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 20:15:41 -0800 (PST) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Craigslist?

Unfortunately, you might have a complete orphan there. Sears sold off the Craftsman brand, so you're probably out of luck.

May have to take up metal working in order to make your own replacement.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I couldn't disagree with you more. The radial arm saw is one of the most v ersatile woodworking tools you could own. It performs tasks that a table s aw can't. It's also a fine compound miter saw. I lost mine in a divorce 1

5 years ago and just picked-up a 1975 at Habitat For Humanity for $85.00. It's in great condition with a professional cabinet stand on castors. I'm damned glad to have this old girl back in my arms again. Dangerous? Yeah, if you're stupid. My table saw scares the stuffing out of me.
Reply to
albertsonwilliam69

Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth

Reply to
dstefan62

#100 -

Spalted Walt

Depends on the answers to these two questions:

Value to whom?

Value as what?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

It's worth exactly what the highest bidder is willing to pay on a given day - not a penny less or a penny more.

There are litterally thousands of Radial Arm Saws hiding in the corners of shops across Noth America - unused and unloved, and unsold because the owners think they are worth more than the few prospective buyers are willing to pay.

Generally they are worth something in the neighborhood of about 5 or 6 cents a lb right now.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

What someone will pay you!

Reply to
Markem

Reading down the page I found this:

"Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission."

Therefore, it would be wise to check out your second link

Emerson Tool will pay $100 for proof that you have disabled the saw if it is on the recall list.

If one chooses not to disable the saw and sells it, 1) You are breaking a law and, 2) You are probably leaving yourself open to a civil lawsuit if the new owner injures himself and retains a smart attorney - and you have anything worth taking...

Therefore, the best answer seems to be, the saw is worth $100 to Emerson.

Reply to
Jerry Osage

Jump on that offer. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone to give you more than 50 bucks for it. Since they stopped sending out the replacement parts for it, they're not very good tools to own. I got the replacement parts from the recall and mine is one of my favorite and most accurate saws. But the thing was downright dangerous before installing the replacement recall parts.

Reply to
-MIKE-

That a government agency attempts to intimidate people with threats does not mean that the threats have any substance. Read the law and it's on about "the manufacturer or any distributor or retailer of the product". Someone who owns the saw having purchased it from Sears is certainly not the manufacturer or distributor and generally speaking would not be regarded as a retailer (see the big flap about "the gun show loophole" for an example of the effect of this distinction in another area). If the matter really concerns you then pay a lawyer to look into it. It will cost you more than the value of the saw though.

Reply to
J. Clarke

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.net (Jerry Osage) on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:45:39

-0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Speaking of recalls.

How many times do I need to call Sears over the recall of their folding stand table saw?

Summer is a coming soon, and now is when I remember that it is under recall, and I still haven't heard from them.

tschus pyotr

Of course I'm retired, I'm too busy to go get a job!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Or worth less than the bother of selling (or trashing) and moving them.

Reply to
krw

I suspect the RAS in question will become more valuable in a hundred years or so when few if any exist. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

You mean after their original owners are dead and buried and the kids have had to empty out their parents' houses? Dunno, I think everything more dangerous than a spork will be illegal by then.

Reply to
krw

I was reflecting on the old Stutz Bearcat that they recently found.

Reply to
Leon

Who will want a spinning blade that requires periodic sharpening when they' ll be able to use a RALC (Radial Arm Laser Cutter) that will do everything from micro-ker f through cuts to precision dados, dovetails, bridle joints, etc. all by using a voice con trolled user interface?

"Alexa, cut a 1/2? deep dado wide enough for the plywood whose barc ode you just scanned in."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

People like the ones that use hand planes and tools today. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

You mean Ludites?

Reply to