Rant: Amazon high speed money transfer, but only in one direction.

I ordered an item from Amazon Sarl marked up for delivery tomorrow, but when the order was placed it had shifted to delivery on 23rd December.

I cancelled the order and now have to wait up to 5 days for a refund. Another supplier on Amazon has the item for next day delivery, but with limited stock.

Reply to
jon

'Up to 5 days' doesn't mean that it will take five days.

I cancelled two items, separately, a few weeks ago and the refunds were dealt with so quickly I didn't think about them. For returns I've had refunds as soon as an item has been logged in with the carrier.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I returned a high value item to sarl recently and it took ten days for the refund email to arrive and two more days to get in my account.

Reply to
jon

That's the time it takes to do a card refund, I think? It seems like any refund of a card transaction takes a few days - it doesn't immediately recredit.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

sold by amazon? or merely fulfilled by?

I had an unbelievably good offer from amazon last week, 35% off any item(s) fulfilled by amazon (limited to £70 off) that eased the pain of a new thunderbolt4 dock, and they gave me 30 days prime trial again, so free delivery, and it arrived a day earlier than expected too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Also, Amazon have instant or near-instant refund to Amazon credit. I'm sure that's very convenient for them as it gets them customer lockin, but if you were going to buy the other thing on Amazon anyway (or you buy enough stuff from them) then it would be a quicker option. They do tell you this when you are returning something.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

That wasn't an option in this cancellation case, it certainly would have been useful.

Reply to
jon

Yes, they shine sometimes.

Reply to
jon

Yes they are quick, when I got a duff hard disk a refund came through the next day. I in the end used it to buy a different make which was a little more money but worked. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff