Plug for Amazon

Just had to pass on an experience with Amazon. On Saturday I had ordered a Bosch 1619EVS router for $309.99. I ordered it with free shipping (supposedly takes 5-9 business days but it arrived today!) and the $25.00 Bosch refund. The edge guide I ordered at the same time arrived on Monday!

On setting up the router I realized my current template guides were not going to work well in it so I went back to Amazon to get the Bosch guides. I went to the router URL because it was handy and I was shocked to see the price was now listed as $288.00. I called up Amazon and they were very polite and promptly credited me with a $22.00 refund. Net cost: $262 and 3 business day delivery.

That's pretty good service all the way around! TWS Usual disclaimers about not having any ties with Amazon (other than being a happy customer).

Reply to
TWS

I've had an equally good experience in the past. I have places a dozen or so orders with amazon in the past and all arrived ok. Maybe I was lucky? All retailers have the occasional hicup though. It depends on how they deal with those hicups that separates the good from the not so good.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

60 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment

- Ryobi Right Angle Drill

- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer

- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw

- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction

- Milescraft SignCrafter

Woodcrafter

This time of year the free shipping can be fast, due to holiday volume.

Try it in February.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Hey dude! You saved me $27. I bought the 1617evspk just 30 days ago. After I read your post, I checked and the price had dropped. Via Amazon.com I sent a request for a refund and they replied w/in a couple of hours that they would credit me the difference. Thanks! -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Cool, glad to be a help.

TWS

Reply to
TWS

I've yet to have a bad experience with Amazon, buying everything from books to CDs to heavy WW tools requiring freight shipping.

While I love the store, I wouldn't buy stock in it. Sometimes I think Jeff Bezos has a screw loose, like discounting the Harry Potter books right when they're released even though they would fly off the shelves at regular price.

Reply to
larrybud2002

I think I understand him on this one. I can get the next book, the day it's released, by walking two blocks to the Borders store. Why mail order and have to wait until I get home (or tomorrow)? If I can save some bucks, yeah. For retail? I'll get it _now_, thanks.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Well, unfortunately I ordered a gift with next day shipping 3 days before Christmas. The 2nd day shipping was already guaranteed by the

24th, but I > Just had to pass on an experience with Amazon. On Saturday I had
Reply to
Mike Brancato